Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

choosing my HTR for my crazy setup

988 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  phoenix316 
#1 ·
Ok, here it goes. I am looking for some advice. I just got my Blu-Ray machine, BDP-S300 and I am looking to get a new HTR. I currently am running a Pioneer VSX-816. I have the following items that need to be connected by their respective outputs.

Bell PVR – HDMI out for video and sound
Viewsat 9000HD – HDMI out for both
Blu-Ray Sony – HDMI out for both
XBOX 360 – Component and optical
Vocopro Karaoke – Component and stereo LR

I assume if I get a receiver with enough HDMI repeater ports I should be ok for the rest of the connections, although I am looking for a machine with assignable inputs kind of like my Pioneer unit. I can assign optical input 1 to DVD, TV’ DVR, etc. until it matches the video input I chose. Currently I cannot get the component connection for the Karaoke machine to match up with anything but the optical or coaxial inputs. I am currently using the optical for Bell and Viewsat and the Blu-Ray is by coax. Xbox is on unassignable front optical connection. I am looking for something with lots of versatility, something that will have a bunch of HDMI pass-through ports for video AND sound. I have been looking for a while now and have found 2 receivers that look to match up nicely. They are the HTR-6180 (Yamaha) and the TX-SR606 (Onkyo) I like the pioneer units but I find they are under powered for what the say they are providing. Both the Yammy and the Onkyo seem to have great processing of Dolby TrueHD and each has multiple HDMI inputs. Just looking for something I guess where I can have the optical inputs for the XBOX assigned to the proper component input as well as the stereo connection assigned to the component input for the Karaoke. If anyone has some insight into this please feel free to provide your wisdom, it will be greatly appreciated. Also, if you feel there is something else I should be looking for shout it out. :D

Thanks,

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.