Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

U.S. DTV Minor Networks (TCN, Antenna TV, Cool TV, MHz, etc.)

71K views 154 replies 52 participants last post by  frisbeepilot 
#1 ·
#79 ·
I'll never watch it either, but it's a free country.

#80 ·
#82 ·
I don't know. It actually sprung up last week or so on CBAND with promo loops. Couldn't find anything about it last week on the web. So they weren't kidding when
they said 'quietly launched'. Just not so quiet that we didn't know they were there testing:)

Figured since they launched Monday I'd look again this evening, and that article sprung up.

Only Buffalo station I can think of that might, would be WBBZ, since they already seem to have a relationship with Weigel.
In fact they have MeTV twice right now, so maybe they'll get the urge to put this one in the odd spot instead of a redundant MeTV. Just what I'd wish for anyhow...
Maybe a few emails are in order to help nudge them along?

#83 ·
Decades, New Diginet Coming in 2015

Weigel is launching another new subchannel called Decades which will air on all CBS O&O stations. Looks like another channel showing classic TV series (Happy Days, Cheers, etc.)

http://www.tvweek.com/tvbizwire/201...sting-to-launch-the-ultimate-tv-time-capsule/

WIVB (CBS affiliate) in Buffalo is not owned by CBS but is one of the few Buffalo stations that hasn't yet added a subchannel - maybe this would be on their radar?

#86 ·
I'm hoping WBBZ doesn't have their eyes on it since I can't receive it. I think CBS affilates will likely get first dibs, but since LIN owns a lot of stations it would likely have to reach a carriage agreement for all it's stations, and not just WIVB.

#89 ·
WGRZ Buffalo, NY to add Justice Network subchannel

disappointing for sure. Who in their right mind wants to watch judge judy all day?

#91 ·
it has been on satellite for a while and it's nothin but judge judy type shows over and over.
So I skip right over it.

#92 ·
Are they actually showing Judge Judy, or just those type of shows? I'm a JJ fan!

#94 ·
Dunno, never stopped long enough, I doubt it.
But you know, some judge sitting in front of two shleprocks complaining about what the other might have done, that sort of thing.
They are all the same.

#95 ·
#97 ·
All may not be lost. Looks like Antenna TV will be moving to 2.2 replacing Weather Nation.
Quote from Jan 7 article in Buffalo News

"If Channel 2 is unable to get out of its WeatherNation contract before Jan. 20, it looks like Antenna TV could temporarily be off the air. But once the WeatherNation contract concludes in March or so, there is a good chance that Antenna would return on Channel 2’s sub-channel, 2.2."

Full story is here:

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015/01/07/antenna-tv-may-weather-storm-arrival-justice-network/

#98 ·
I think you're 100% correct pmf115. WIVB run a weather scroller as does WKBW so a dedicated weather station is kind of redundant. Case in point the mega storm Buffalo had back in late November, WIVB and WGRZ ran weather news instead of regular programming on the main stations.

#99 ·
I think I mistook "Justice Network" which I think is what WGRZ is planning
for a different channel on the same satellite MUX.
"Justice Network" which launches Jan 20th, is showing promos now, and doesn't look half bad.
The other channel on the same mux is the one that only shows court tv like shows. I think that one is called "Justice Central" though I have never stayed long enough for a positive station ID.
I guess these nets are running out of creative names to go by???

#101 ·
#102 ·
ABC, Scripps to Carry New Broadcast Network Dedicated to Comedy

The country’s first-ever, over-the-air broadcast television network devoted to comedy around-the-clock will launch this spring when Katz Broadcasting debuts LAFF on April 15, 2015.

LAFF will feature a mix of contemporary off-network sitcoms and popular theatrical motion pictures, with a target audience of adults 18-49. The LAFF brand will cross multiple platforms, with the linear network carried on the signals of local broadcast television stations.

Katz Broadcasting also announced two major distribution agreements for LAFF:
The ABC Owned Television Stations will carry LAFF in New York (WABC-TV), Los Angeles (KABC-TV), Chicago (WLS-TV), Philadelphia (WPVI-TV), San Francisco (KGO-TV), Houston (KTRK-TV), Raleigh (WTVD-TV) and Fresno (KFSN-TV).

The E.W. Scripps Company will also launch LAFF on its stations in Detroit (WXYZ-TV), Phoenix (KNXV-TV), Tampa (WFTS-TV), Denver (KMGH-TV), Cleveland (WEWS-TV), Indianapolis (WRTV-TV), Baltimore (WMAR-TV), San Diego (KGTV-TV), Kansas City (KSHB-TV), Cincinnati (WCPO-TV), West Palm Beach (WPTV-TV), Buffalo (WKBW-TV) and Tulsa (KJRH-TV).

Full Press Release.

#103 ·
Cool, 'bout time...WKBW is gonna use some of that excess bandwidth
they've been holdin out on with 720p.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.