Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Integra Receiver Repair

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
I bought an Integra (Onkyo) DTR 6.6 receiver a couple of years ago. After a severe lightning storm a few days back - I have found that it has stopped "working" (along with other equipment around the house). The receiver does not produce any sound output (not even the test tones) - although it does turn on and provide the OSD/ Setup Menu. I have double checked all the connections. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I looked on the web and found no authorized Onkyo/Integra service centers in Canada. Is there any other A/V Receiver repair shop I could take this to - since I doubt its under warranty. I would like to avoid buying a new receiver since this has worked quite well for me so far.... Any help is appreciated !

I am in the North Toronto area.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. Yes - I have investigated the insurance option - but besides the Receiver - most other equipment I have lost is <$500. Total replacement cost would be about $2000 - my deductible is high (helps with the premiums :D ) and so I dont think its going to help me that much. Also need to consider the higher premiums after you make a claim.
Update: I disconnected all the speakers - tested them individually (they all work fine) and connected them one at a time. I get a test tone at some times - but not at others. Seems like there is a loose connection. I think some experienced A/vRepair person should be able to fix this quite easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.