Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Telus Satellite TV - HD Receiver w/ 2 tvs

11K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Flyer78 
#1 ·
Hello all,

first of all thanks for all the valuable information contained within! very cool..

i am testing the waters on having TSTV installed at my place but i am hitting a couple of basic hardware snags.. when it comes to the required HD receiver, we currently have 3 TVs in the house, only one which is HD capable {42" Panasonic 1080p plasma, mine of chourse:p} and two others which are CRT...

in order to connect the other two TVs, well lets just say i'm not about to get a 3rd receiver to run the 3rd tv which only gets used 1 or 2 hrs a day while working out... 2nd TV is parents b.room so obviously requires receiver.

now, i know its possible to hook up 2 TVs to One HD REceiver, but how do you control the channels on the 2nd TV?? maybe a newbie question, but hey.. i'm new at this.. do you control channel quides ONLY through cable box!?? or is this something you also have a control of in the 2nd TV...

please, help a fellow canuck..!!

I WANT MY M.TV! haha...

See less See more
#3 ·
oh, so on the 9242 you could have diff. feeds?? cool.. why would they use a diff. model on Telus.!??

actually i didnt really mind the limitations of same channel on both TVs as the one upstairs is rarely used...

in any case, it doesnt really matter now as i' was offered a 3rd HD receiver for FREE! :)

tELUS hooked uS uP!

#4 ·
do you mind telling me how you got the receiver free? i also wanted to try it out, but i have 2 tvs and didn't want to pay for the 2nd receiver.
on that note, does anyone know if it's possible to just split the cable before it goes into the receiver, so that one tv has sat cable and the other just has regular cable?

#6 ·
I used the RCA outputs on the back of the HD box and a cheap RCA to Coax converter from London Drugs to get my signal out to the rest of my TV's. Did this with both HD boxes. One on Channel 3 and One on Channel 4. If one is in use I just switch to the other channel to watch the second box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.