New firmware for Actiontec v1000/v2000 - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Telus > Telus IPTV (also known as Optik TV)

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2014-01-28, 08:24 PM   #61
macdzich

The new firmware

unlockz the second cpu core
enables ethernet wan port as 5th lan port in dsll mode
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2014-01-29, 01:43 AM   #62
Steve604

I'm already using the Wan Port
Old 2014-01-29, 12:22 PM   #63
brownstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdzich View Post
Brownstar, a new firmware v32.121L.12 is scheduled to be release to about 800,000 actiontec gateway by March 24th. It addresses a few issues and fixes
I have the new firmware mentioned by the OP, is this another update?

I contacted Telus last night, was watching The Blacklist on Hulu on my PS3, which has a wired connection to the router, I went to look something up on the internet on my laptop only to see that it could see the network but not connect, so rebooted the router and it started working again.

Telus said the change the channel the router broadcasts at, I had already set this up previously but it seems that the recent firmware update reset all my settings. So increased the frequency to 40mhz and set the channel to 3, the tech said that this should help.....only time will tell as the problem is very intermittent.
Old 2014-01-30, 11:22 AM   #64
Steve604

I downloaded a program called inSSIDer, can't remember where I heard about it or where I got it,
What it does is show you all the wireless networks in range of the computer its installed on,
you can then use that info to pick a channel nobody else is on,
1 thing 40mhz does is cover 2 channels at once(you can see the wider band using inSSIDer), not always optimal if there is a single channel nobody else is using.

problem with 2.4ghz is its so popular and the channels overlap, I live in an area with single family housing on large lots, have a huge park behind and on one side of my house and I still pick up at least 6 different 2.4 wireless signals.
If you are in a townhouse or condo situation you are probably have more signals than that with even more channel overlap.

My new router uses 5ghz, its the only 5ghz signal my laptop can see, and even if there are others. 5ghz channels don't overlap so there is less chance of interference.

I was in the same boat as you after the update, Telus refused to admit they had anything to do with my problems, I sent multiple emails only to get standard responses, have you restarted the router etc. Online Chat just bounced me around from tech support to premium care back to tech support.

I did a hard reset on the actiontec, got a new router of my choice set it up like I linked in a previous post using the DMZ feature on the actiontec and haven't looked back since. I still would prefer a modem only option, but Telus tells me that is not possible with my internet package.
Old 2014-01-30, 11:59 AM   #65
brownstar

I had mine configured prior to the update, the Telus rep I chatted with was very helpful and once she mentioned to change the channel and I checked the config I thought that it might have been the issue. So far so good........I'd love to put my router into N only but my printer only works off G.

I used to have my own router broadcasting the wifi signal, set up as mentioned in other posts, but since I got the Actiontec moved to a more suitable position in the house I haven't bothered reconfiguring it with my Dlink. THe performance of the Actiontec is pretty good, streaming over wifi works without buffering and my main streaming device is connected via LAN to the router so it works fantastically well.
Old 2014-01-30, 01:24 PM   #66
Steve604

I tried the N only thing too, then a couple weeks later I went to use my PS3 that is on wireless. I beat my head against the wall for awhile trying to figure out why it wouldn't connect to the network. Now I run 2 wirless networks 1 2.4 g/n and a 5 n/ac

I hadn't really had an issue with the actiontec until the update. But to be honest I didn't know what I was missing too. To me its kind of a let down that telus has forced you to use their router not allowing a modem only or bridge option.

Even on wired with the actiontec I was occasionally having trouble streaming full quality blu-ray rips to my living room tv. I blamed the TV, but it's been seamless since going to my new router
Old 2014-01-30, 02:02 PM   #67
brownstar

I tend not to stream from my PC to the PS3 anymore as it was so frustrating when I was using my old router, I tend to transfer the files over wifi to the PS3 and play from the HDD. Never really had an issue with the Actiontec till the update and now hoping that I've set the channel that its fixed.
Old 2014-03-29, 08:13 AM   #68
rggauld
Rookie

Default The next firmware update?

"a new firmware v32.121L.12 is scheduled to be release to about 800,000 actiontec gateway by March 24th. It addresses a few issues and fixes."

I was just wondering if this latest firmware has been pushed out yet...
I have checked mine, and it still shows as 31.121L.11, and the
"Check for new firmware link" still shows 31.121L.11
Also, has the ability to backup the configuration been added?

Last edited by rggauld; 2014-03-29 at 08:14 AM. Reason: adding text
Old 2014-03-29, 12:05 PM   #69
brownstar

I had the latest firmware on my old router but that was replaced recently and the replacement has yet to have the update pushed out. I didn't see the ability to backup configurations.
Old 2014-04-01, 07:36 AM   #70
meierjn
Rookie

Mine still shows 31.121L.11 with no upgrade available.
Old 2014-04-01, 12:50 PM   #71
brownstar

It will roll out at some point. I was having issues and a Tech pushed it out while in chat with them.
Old 2014-04-01, 10:21 PM   #72
i6s1

Quote:
Firmware v12 firmware fixes the following:
-Ethernet auto-configuration (resolves 2-pair vs. 4-pair wiring issues, especially with ETTS & GPON customers)
-Loss of Wi-Fi settings for customers with WEP / no security setting
Anyone who already has .11 and didn't lose an ethernet port (or ports) at the upgrade won't benefit from .12. If you had your wireless security turned back on or changed to WPA during the upgrade from .57 to .11, you've probably noticed and set it back, or you haven't noticed and are better off.

Upgrades from .57 to .12 are still ongoing.
Old 2014-04-14, 03:11 PM   #73
brownstar

Any idea when the upgrades are due to be completed? My router is still saddled with .57
Old 2014-04-15, 03:26 AM   #74
bowmah

I have never checked my firmware since I bridged it and disabled updates. Better log in and see if any updates have occurred.
Old 2014-04-15, 03:30 AM   #75
macdzich

brownstar to upgrade the firmware

1. log into the actiontec
2. click on 'Advanced Setup'
3. click 'Check for new firmware link'
4. click 'Upgrade'