Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell TV 9242 HD PVR Discussion thread

1M views 4K replies 709 participants last post by  jackching 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This discussion thread is for owners to discuss the new ExpressVu HD PVR when it becomes available.

I will update this thread when we have specs and details.

Any posts discussing when it will be available or from NON-owners will be deleted and the poster will receive an infraction.

Update: See Bev 9242 HD-PVR for details and for NON-owners to discuss.

Master Reset Link:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1361019#post1361019

Edit by 57 - 9242 User Guide:

http://support.bell.ca/_web/guides/tv/userguide/receiver/9242/9242_11(en).pdf

#2,696 ·
Zoom/ Descripted Video

The zoom has been moved to the page up and page down buttons. The * will still function the zoom settings unless you Enable the * Key to toggle DV Audio by hitting Menu, 3 Accessibility Setup, left arrow , select. Then the * will turn off/on the DV audio. This came with the new guide.

#2,697 ·
Quick question: I have two 9242's giving output on TV2, I was wondering whats the best way to combine the signal of both 9242's TV2 output into a feed for one television ?

Would using a A/B switch with Coax work? (pretty sure it would) If I go this route would both 9242's need to be on different channels to operate correctly/not cause interference ? or could they even be on the same channel?

OR

Would using a splitter backwards and keeping the 9242's output channels spaced far apart work as well or is this a no-no in terms of interference?

Any other thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated

#2,698 ·
Just use a backwards 2 way splitter and keep the channels apart by a minimum of 1 channel. My neighbors is 20 & 22, then I have his Camera on 24, using a 3 way splitter.

I used to have 5 x 9242's, had them on 40, 42, 44, 46 & 48, never had a problem.

#2,699 ·
Playback issues since FW upgrade

Not sure if this is the right group to post issues -

Have owned this 9242 for at least 4 years. Got the firmware upgrade about 10 days ago now and my 9242 has gone from perfect playback to flaky. It seems that I cannot pause and resume programming without it jumping back to the live stream!

More minor is that fast fwd and rew are also jerky - used to have a smooth stream where you could see the second counter increment/decrement at a consistent rate... now it will start to fwd and then pause briefly before resuming as if it's got a buffering issue.

Anyone else experiencing issues? Anyway to diagnose this further?

#2,700 ·
Pictures freezes and runs like slow motion and restart!!!

Hello,

I have a 9242 receiver that as been working great for almost 4 years on my 120hz sharp lcd tv. Now I got a samsung led 240hz tv and it seems that once in a while the picture slows down and skips very quickly, for about 1 second and goes back to normal.

I don't have this issue when paying a bluray movie so I am assuming it's the receiver doing this.

Anybody else getting this?

Regards,
S.

#2,704 ·
Oh I love Bell..... That is just total BS. There is NO way Bell can boost anything from an Office somewhere....

How on earth do they get away with this garbage.

Running a Check Switch or a Hard Reboot is about all you could try.

#2,707 ·
Signal boost!!!

I literally just shot coke through my nose and it burns!!!

Guess I don't need to go to any more service calls to repoint or relocate dishes because the man on the phone has it figured out yet again. All he has to do is send a signal boost. Soon I'll be out of a job.

That is one of the worst utterances of stupidity I've heard from them yet. I almost lost an install the other day because one of those morons told a customer we put up 12 inch teflon covered dishes.

#2,708 ·
Signal Boost! LMAO!!! Thanks for a good laugh...

Reminds me of the time that I called because my NHL Centre Ice package disappeared and got connected to a call centre in India...took them forever to figure out what NHL Centre Ice was with various "managers" and "supervisors" - finally I was offered something called "National Hockey League Centre Ice" to be re-activated...

If the call centre was in Canada, anyone here would know what NHL is...

#2,709 ·
I just got another one for you. I have a new install one receiver tomorrow and the note from the person who booked it says no lie you can't make this up. Installers you may know these as OMC remarks........

"Lady is not happy with the reception on the dish if you can do a spray on to make the reception better that will be fine"

Jesus my head hurts already.

#2,716 ·
Yes the phone is new but the technology has been around for some time. What am I missing here..
If it worked before and its the same technology you should be OK.What am I missing here..
New technology Bell is having problems keeping the 9242 operational on a directly connected TV.
I don't even know if the phone port works on the new guide upgrade.
Besides if you can afford a new Blackberry have the butler program the PVR.:D

#2,717 ·
It's not the same technology. The new Blackberry phones are running a new operating system. They have to write the software to work with the new operating system on the new phones. It's no different than when the new Android phones came out with OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). The Remote PVR software wouldn't work until Bell updated the software.

Blackberry isn't the one you should be asking. Bell (or whoever they contract it out to) is the one who designs the software, they're the ones you should be asking. Although, I doubt you'll talk to anyone at Bell that will give you an answer. I'll ask around, but I doubt that I'll get a straight answer until (if?) Bell actually announces an update to the Blackberry Remote PVR app.

#2,719 ·
You gotta move your dish up about 20 30 feet in the air at the least. The more precarious a spot you can find the better. If you aren't truly fearing for your life you're doing it wrong. A favourite of mine is I like to mount them in treetops. Also you have to spray it with lots of Pam or WD 40. That should cure what ails you. Try it and let us know how it works out.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/album.php?albumid=1062&pictureid=5767