Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Anyone Have USTVNOW

59K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  HDTV101 
#1 ·
Here is an interesting service. www.ustvnow.com The basic service with OTA channels is totally free, no credit card necessary to U.S. Residents living outside the U.S. , and their premium service offers over 200 channels as long as you provide a U.S. address for billing. It's available on ROKU and Google Tv.

#28 ·
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.
I just installed it on my Roku. Which is connected via some sorta VPN service. I get the US networks no problem but just in SD. Not too bad for SD for sure.

Maybe I will give their site a look and see what I can try. :)

#29 ·
There is also Chanfeed, an internet source of big US nets (ABC, CBS, NBC).

http://chanfeed.com/

You can also watch ESPN, BBC, Eurosport, HISTORY Channel, MSNBC, Discovery, Al Jazeera News, and various live sports feeds.

I have tried it and most of the channels work for me, most of the time, but some do not. I don't get any of the commercials or ads that might pop-up because I watch on Moxilla Firefox and use Adblock Plus...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

#37 ·
You really need a reliable source, like a friend or relative. You dont want to give out your credentials too frivolously. I heard some people are selling others sling credentials without their knowledge. Is their any other way to get your sling onto your tv without a computer hooked up?? Does Boxee Box do it?

#40 ·
Works well on iPad

USTVNOW works well on the iPad. For Premium service you need to buy the Slingbox app for iPad.

I also view my service on a Mac desktop and a Windows laptop. It is flaky though, onApple TV. Maybe I just didn't know how to use it with Apple TV.

And you don't need a US credit card or SSN, although I do have a SSN. They didn't ask for it. You just need to email them any general and programming questions you have and they will respond fairly quickly. Tech support for TV is faster by phone BTW.

And yes, premium service is that. You will pay a hefty price, but hey, if you really want those channels from the US, you just have to pay up.

#43 ·
is the free plan still available?

Today I'm unable to access any of the stations available for free.

Anyone else with the free plan able to watch any of these stations today?

I thought they were changing the free subscription to allow viewing only in low res. But not getting anything right now.

Edit: Just got them back. Don't know what happened earlier.

#44 ·
Hey guys, I'm from NZ I signed up especially so I can post this message quickly.

I signed up for USTV now last year, the quality was poor, and it gave me nothing but problems whenever I watched it.

This year, however I discovered the XBMC addon, and although USTVnow's web end addon, they have disabled HQ video. The XBMC addon however has HQ still enabled, and the picture quality there is amazing, and I hardly have any problems with it. The 1024 kbps stream, I get 720p HD, and the picture quality is amazing on all channels.

The website is crap and it still crashes when it overloads, however I hardly have any problems with the XBMC interface. When it does buffer a bit much, I lower the stream down to 750kbps, and there's no buffering at all.

Check it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.