Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Upgrade to Pace Summit DCT758D or stick with Motorola 3416

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Twisp 
#1 ·
Hey, just a newbie here with a question regarding the new Shaw Pace PVR with PVR expander package. If i currently have a Motorola 3416 should i upgrade to the newer Pace/PVR expander package? Or should i just stick with what i have already? My main reasons for wanting to upgrade were a faster guide, and more storage space. 160GB is not enough. What gets me is I paid full price for the 3416 @ 700$ but now this newer package is only 399$ :confused: Any help or advice would be appreciated!

#4 ·
The Expander is actually on sale for that price, down from $200, so I can't see them just giving it to you for free. It sucks that the price of PVR's was so high compared to what they are now, but that's technology for ya...

#5 ·
I'd be surprised to see Shaw sell the new Motorola boxes, they seem to have been making a pretty concerted effort this last year to switch to Pace..

Hopefully Shaw is doing this as a pre-cursor to upgrading the guide software to something more modern that uses the capabilities of the Pace :)

If Shaw/Pace/etc can get the various software bugs tamed the Summit should be a really nice box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.