Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Pioneer VSX-1020-K or Elite VSX-30

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tom.F.1 
#1 ·
Both are the same price at a Store in the US. Just curious which would be the better option? Does the Elite have better components like upscaler? The non-Elite has a higher wattage.

#2 ·
What are you looking for? What is it that appeals to you on each receiver?

Is more wattage important to you?

#3 ·
All I am looking for is receiver that will sound good, output all sources through HDMI and upscale if required. Support HDMI audio, and most if not all of the latest audio formats.

I am looking at getting the Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II speakers, and the Polk CS2 center, not sure about surrounds.

Other than that I don't know. If wattage isn't going to make a much of a difference then I guess it's not important. I will be using this for pretty much everything from TV, Movies, Gaming, and Music.

As far as what appeals to me about these receivers is that I like the Pioneer receivers, and these were recommended to me by another person on the board, and I like the price point. I am open to other recommendations.

Thanks

#4 ·
I'd go for the elite. I upgraded from a 1018 to an elite and its a noticable upgrade.
The power ratings on the pioneers are inflated, so i suggest you'd get better sound from the lower wattage elite.
I still have my old elite from 1996, use it as a sub Amp, works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.