Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

The Walking Dead (Season 2)

24K views 147 replies 45 participants last post by  MarcP 
#1 ·

Really looking forward to it.

#3 ·
Given the size of the story I think this is more of a when than if scenario. I hope it isn't in the middle of a season and I hope that the groundwork is laid well enough that it will be able to continue at the same high level that has been established so far.

#7 ·
I enjoyed season one but after six months, how can the huge number of zombies still be around. I mean they don't have many humans to feed on and a zombie could hardly catch an animal to eat.

I would like to have season two be the last and have it come to some type of positive conclusion.

#12 ·
I meant 6 months in the show in season 1.

The guy at CDC said 194 days when they showed up so when the CDC blew up it was over 6 months in the show.

#13 ·
There never really was an explanation as to what TYPE of zombies are in the show. We know a bit about the virus, but I don't recall finding out how it came to be, where the infection started, how widespread it is, etc...In almost every zombie movie it is established early on why things are the way they are. This doesn't seem to be the case with The Walking Dead. Is it a scientific thing or a good vs evil thing? In 28 Days/Weeks Later we knew about the testing on the monkeys and that the zombies would die of starvation eventually. How can something expend energy if it has no source of energy? Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I just like things to be somewhat believable. Also surprised that season two isn't starting on Halloween like last season, not gonna complain that it's two weeks sooner though!

#15 ·
I can suspend disbelief but the make believe universe has to stay consistent for me to want to watch.

They said the Zombies have to eat to survive, hence why the zombies were forced to leave the city and go out into the country to feed, so IMO, most should have died off by Day 194.

#16 ·
As an add. Individually, they move slowly and can't storm walls so why couldn't humans have barricaded huge walls and simply shot them as they approached.

FWIW, I really like the show hence why the inconsistencies really bother me.

#18 ·
Numbers perhaps. Family members would likely be unwilling to kill their own family members, even after they "turned". As a result many of them would become victims themselves.

Also, we don't know where everyone went as the show only looks at the small scale. So far, we haven't seen nearly enough zombies to account for the original population. There might be protected areas these survivors just haven't found yet.

Also, do zombies starve to "death" or do they just crave flesh?

I can't wait for the show to return.

-Mike

#19 ·
In the final episode, they said the zombie problem was worldwide. The CDC guy said the equivalent in France had gone done a month before CDC because they lost power also.

#23 ·
Hmm, I always find people hate when you talk about show inconsistencies. But I totally agree. I like when characters do what their character would do, and I like for them to react to situations how someone would actually react.

For the plot of this show, I suspect the producers have a longterm outlook. Or if they didn't before, they better have thought it through now that the show is a hit.

#24 ·
For the plot of this show, I suspect the producers have a longterm outlook. Or if they didn't before, they better have thought it through now that the show is a hit.
The graphic novels have been going for a while, so the producers have material to draw on. That should be a huge help, given the general lack of creativity demonstrated by most producers these days......

#26 ·
"The Walking Dead’s second season premieres Sunday, Oct. 16 at 9 ET/PT, with a 90-minute episode on AMC (and six more episodes to follow). The final six episodes of the new season will begin Feb. 12."

-Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.