Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

New 8300 issue, records fine but no live TV

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks after replacing the hd in this 8 year old pvr, I now can't get live tv. I can record shows fine and watch afterwards. I tried recording then waiting 2 minutes and watch from beginning but still nothing. No picture nor audio. The guide shows up fine. I don't recall ever hearing of anyone with this issue. I've rebooted several times but can't for the life of me figure this out. Before I give up on this old machine I thought I'd reach out and ask here. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Thanks 57, did some more testing. I noticed today that most recordings now stutter and freeze at times. Upon checking the signal strength I found it was at -20. What I also determined is that it is this pvr ( basement one) only. When I swapped it with the other box from the bedroom, the signal strength was fine, +6 while the pvr now in the bedroom was still at -20, same as when it was in the basement. So, I pulled the ihdd out, checked everything inside the pvr, reinstalled the ihdd, and the problem still exists. Any ideas of what could be causing the drop in signal inside the box itself?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.