Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

FS-Tv on Galaxy 18 @ 123

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  majortom 
#1 ·
I do not have the signal of FreeSpeech on TP 11846 V. I have the other signals according to the list of DrSat.

I wonder if this Tp is broadcasting with less power ... or do I have a location issue for my dish. Daystar, UWTV, YVW is at 40 %, Va is at 55%.

#3 ·
@Jorgek Thanks for the verification. But ... it is not 11842 V but 11846 V on DrSat iisting And Lyngsat report 11848 V in its listing.

For now, I assume it is a weaker transponder. Can someone with a big dish take a look ... if it is there anyway ?

For info, I have a 36in for Galaxy 18.

#5 ·
Couple reason's it's so difficult.

1. DVB-S2 8PSK
2. extremely skinny signal, only a SR of 1784

best I could do was 7 dB snr on the BUD, and it requires 7.9 dB minimum to lock. Had it scanned in on my STB as 11846 V 1784, so presumably I HAVE received it in the past.

#7 ·
~ 2.4m (Perfect 10 7.5 mesh)

With Skinny signals like that, ya may need to enter it manually in the STB, and let it sit there for a while to see if it'll lock.
Can take tens of seconds to lock on to skinny signals depending on the demod chip used, so on.'
I was 0.9 dB below the threshold when I tried, so I couldn't lock it all either. But it is definitely still there
and I obviously received it sometime in the past or it wouldn't be stored in my STB.

#9 ·
Try 11857 V 1784. Apparently FS TV is on this transponder.

As Majortom stated. "Had it scanned in on my STB as 11846 V 1784, so presumably I HAVE received it in the past."

Also I received it in the past. Maybe the TP is very low power?

#10 ·
By "Skinny" I am referring to the bandwidth of the signal, ie how much spectrum it is occupying, which is proportional to the Symbol rate being used.
Extremely small in this case...
Don't confuse with beamwidth.
I will check the other Freq sometime too thx Jorgek.

#12 ·
I have seen pretty strong "skinny" signals be fairly difficult to lock also.
Some demods may be better than others in that regard.
"Skinny" signals also tend to be of low quality as well, so not many people bother worrying about them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.