Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

What is correct hookup of HD TV, 4100 Receiver and NAS SCD-2P3E

13K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bjorn416 
#1 ·
Hope this is the right place to ask these questions.

My daughter lives an apartment in building that has central Bell EV service. Her hookup for an analogue TV was dismantled when she temporarily had to move her belongings out so the apartment could be refinished after a flood.

I bought her a flat screen HD TV when she moved back in, but don’t know how it should be hooked up with the 4100 Receiver and the SCD-2P3E. She has Standard Digital service and just the TV, no PVR or Home Theatre setup.

I’m lost when it comes to satellite TV since I get my TV OTA with an antenna I built with the help of the members of Antenna R&D Forum.

Questions:
1. To which box (Receiver or SCD-2P3E) and which connector does the cable from wall outlet go first?
2. Which output from the SCD-2P3E should be used – (a) IRD Out 950-1450 MHz or (b) VHF Out 54-300MHz?
3. Is there anything else I should be aware of before hooking everything up?

Thanks in advance for you advice.

See less See more
#2 ·
1. SCD-2P3E first.
2. IRD Out goes to the Receiver. VHF Out goes to the coaxial Input on the TV.
3. When it is all connected run a "Check Switch". MENU, 6, 1, 1.

Output from 4100, Red Yellow White to TV for Satellite viewing (Input on TV might be AV or something) and then change the Input on the TV to Tuner, then Ch3 to see the Lobby Camera if one exists in the building.

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

She also has a DVD player and an old VCR, and would like me to hook both up so she can watch DVDs and some old VHS tapes, and record programs on the VCR (which I’m almost certain can’t be done, at least not without some kind of digital-to-analogue converter).

Her TV is a 32” LCD Panasonic TC-32LX34 with following terminals:
- Ant/Cable In – coax terminal
- Component In (hope to use to connect DVD player):
Audio Red White – RCA terminals
Component Red Blue Green – RCA terminals
- Video In – Audio Red White & Video Yellow – RCA terminals (hoped to use for VCR)
- 2 HDMI In – not used since she has no equipment with HDMI Out
- Digital Audio Out – Fiber Optic (assume could be used to send sound thru Amplifier/HomeTheatre)

What will or should running “Check Switch” after hookup show?

I’m not sure if you meant that both VHF Out from SCD-2P3E (Box) AND Red White Yellow from 4100 (Receiver) should both be connected to TV, or that it is either the VHF Out from Box OR the R-W-Y from Receiver that should be connected to TV. Is there a benefit to connecting both the coax and AV-RCA to TV?

Possible TV input assignments (3) are: Cable, Antenna, Not Used.
TV manual in effect says: “Not Used” should be selected when no wire connected to TV’s Ant/Cable coax terminal – typical when satellite receiver connected to TV’s AV terminals. What would appropriate TV input assignment be if both the coax and AV-RCA connections are used? (I’m guessing “Cable”)

If both coax and AV-RCA connections from Box and Receiver are required, would it be possible to hook up VHF Out and VCR Out to an A-B switch with TV Input assignment being Video In?

BTW, there is a Lobby Camera that can be seen on a TV in the building.

Apologize if it’s not appropriate to ask these questions here.

#4 ·
Red White & Yellow from Bell 4100 to Video/Audio In on the VCR (this will allow for recording off the 4100.

Red White & Yellow from VCR to TV, will allow Playback of recordings. VCR would also have to be ON for watching 4100 as it will run through the VCR.

VHF Out from SCD-2P3E can then go directly to the Ant/Cable In on TV for Lobby Cam.

That would give the best possible Picture Quality I believe based on what you have.

#6 ·
Thank you both.

Sorry I haven't read the threads relating to hooking up other equipment on Bell EV.

I searched for SCD-2P3E, but couldn't find anything that helped, and didn't look further re hooking up other components. I'll read the FAQ and Stickies re Bell Satellite, and the threads you've referred me to, before asking any further questions here.

I really appreciate your help and you bearing with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.