Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

TSN 2 Programming Discussion

32K views 126 replies 47 participants last post by  Rouge21 
#1 ·
Ditto on the tennis, though we're on Star Choice not BEV. I know TSN is (apparently) repeating the tennis Thursday night at 8:30pm PST. But they also had the tennis in their listings on a tape delay another day since last Friday when TSN2 launched, I'm not sure what day, and it wasn't on
According to their website TSN is NOT showing the men's quarter final match after the football. It says Sports Centre at 10pm (ET) followed by The Best of Off the Record: NFL Next Question #1 from 11.30 until midnight. After that ESPN Films: "The Zen of Bobby V" - Bobby Valentine in Japan until 2pm followed by Sports Centre yet again. So if that is correct then we'll miss Roddick v Djokovic, possibly one of the matches of the tournament. I'd be willing to sit up through the night to watch a match like that even if delayed - though I wouldn't put on the football on TSN as the ridiculous TSN ticker would no doubt give away the score.

Frankly I blame TSN not Star Choice or any other cable/satellite provider. I'm pretty sure TSN deliberately chose this time of year when they knew they'd have too much programming to get rid of TSN Alternate. That way they could utilise the anger of tennis fans against Star Choice, Bell, etc, to push them into giving in to TSN's demands regarding TSN2. A cynical tactic but unsurprising.

#4 ·
Searching for the USOpen led me to this thread. I am a bit upset at rogers & TSN. Was missing the Roddick vs Djokovic game.

Anyway... for those who'd like to see this game, I found a free feed on the net. Got to www.sopcast.com and download their client and then tune to this chinese channel called "6008.I-Cable Sports" I hate having to resort to this just to watch this huge game.

#5 ·
I'm watching the tennis match on Spanish language ESPN (Vivo)through live streaming. The picture occasionally breaks up but it's better than that crap on TSN. (All you need is Real Player!)

I'm sad though not to hear the final USA Network night match from the US Open a after all these years of watching.

#7 ·
From William Houston's column in the Globe & Mail today.

Tennis fans were caught last night in the middle of a fight between TSN and cable distributors over carriage of the network's new companion channel, TSN2.

In most markets, viewers were denied the U.S. Open quarter-finals because TSN aired the NFL season opener, Washington Redskins-New York Giants, while relegating the U.S. Open to TSN2. Cogeco is the only large cable distributor carrying the new channel.

Galling tennis fans further was the fact the football game was on NBC, which is available in every home that has TSN.

TSN president Phil King said the network, as an NFL rights holder, was obliged to carry the game. (The telecast also would produce viewership twice the size of a tennis audience.) This seems to be a fight over money, although the price TSN is charging cable and satellite companies for TSN2 doesn't seem high - less than 50 cents a month for each subscriber.

So I was right about TSN being obligated to air NFL regular season games.

#8 ·
We are all going to miss the Nationwide race Friday night from Richmond!!
Possibly the best race of the year and it's on TSN2.

I guess that's why all my friends are going to the FTA dishes, to get ESPN,
ESPN2.
If a whole bunch of people called to Rogers and jam their phones about TSN2, maybe that would get them to put the channel on.
Same with Bell and Starchoice!!
I just called rogers, something about bidding and that fact that tsn is owned by bell, and that they had not had a meeting yet. oh well. I thought it would be resolved by now.

I saw that the nationwide race was on tsn at 4am or something on delay. I hope they resolve this soon. At least ABC starts carrying Cup races this weekend so we are safe on that side, but no qualifying or practice unless speed shows it on occasion.

Anyway, Hanna just rained out everything nascar till Sunday. So we will miss all the racing this weekend, unless TSN pre-empts something else, or you get an ESPN feed.

Andrew

#9 · (Edited)
Right now

This is interesting, 9PM EST, I was going thru the EPG and I noticed on channel 402 TSN-ALT had E-60 listed, I clicked info and its a Tiger Woods story by his caddy Steve Williams????? wow, all week its just said "Off Air" Whats up Bell...anyways I started it at 9 and its on, running with a TSN sports ticker at the bottom....obviously this is not TSN2 as it has the Nationwide race, which I am missing, watching it at 3am is kinda dumb, why not show it Sat early when TSN main has no US Open or whatever.....anyways, been ranting on the TSN2 thing for weeks now....just strange there is programming on TSN-ALT....

oh just re-read mackbig's post, Nascar rained out, so maybe that IS TSN2...the plot thickens!!!! LOL
Maybe someone that actually gets TSN2 on a smaller SP can confirm, in place of the nascar race they have E-60 on for programming....

#13 ·
I guess alt programming for blackout areas makes sense considering its just showing E:60 and then 2007 world poker tour. And then no info avail displayed after that. Couldn't imagine anything comming online at 9pm on a Friday night. But anoying that they would use the channel and get some ppl excited.. Like a big tease. :(

And 2nd note, Nationwide race & Cup race have both been rained out and resched for Sunday at 1pm Cup and 7pm Nationwide if you didn't see it.

#15 · (Edited)
Rogers and TSN2

Thank heavens for tropicial storms I guess. NASCAR is off for Saturday and tonight. What is happening with TSN2, not being carried by Rogers is fool hearty by Rogers. When I called i got different answers by different CSRs. I thought digital cable was abouit choice of programing as long as it has been OKed by the CRTC. If it is extra cost then i will pay the $3.00 a month, if not that what the hec is it. Aliant is stinging new lines in my area so a switch might be in order.

#16 ·
Nascar

The Chevy Rock & Roll 400 Sprint Cup Series race is rescheduled for 1 p.m. ET Sunday, while the Emerson Radio 250 Nationwide Series event is slated for later in the evening at 7 p.m. Both races will be broadcast on TSN2.

That was from TSN's website,,,so yes the races will be on TSN2 on Sunday....I am curious if I was seeing the alternate programming on TSN-A last night on BellTV, will we get to see the races on Sunday?

Only time will tell :rolleyes:

#17 ·
Well guys,

Get this. I decided that I would order Nascar Hot Pass for the rest of the season so I could at least watch the Sprint Cup race on Sunday afternoon on the ESPN network feed on. It is no longer available to order. You push the channel to order (it loads) tells you to press select to order. It lists all the channels you can order Galaxy, Late night, etc. but Nascar Hot Pass is not listed. Seems like we are been used as pawns.

#18 ·
Both Nascar races will be on TSN2 Sunday Live... WITH NO REPEATS ON TSN!!!

Here is the schedule for Sunday September 7th on TSN2

1:00 AM SPORTSCENTRE
1:15 AM HBO Boxing After Dark: Juan Diaz vs. Michael Katsidis
3:30 AM SPORTSCENTRE
4:00 AM 2008 World Series of Poker: $10,000 Pot Limit Hold 'Em
5:00 AM SPORTSCENTRE
6:00 AM 2008 Esso Women's National Hockey Championship (Charlottetown, PEI)
8:30 AM SPORTSCENTRE
9:30 AM SPORTSCENTRE
10:30 AM 2008 Formula One Auto Racing: Belgian Grand Prix - Pre-race
11:00 AM 2008 Formula One Auto Racing: Belgian Grand Prix
1:00 PM 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup: Chevy Rock & Roll 400
4:30 PM 2008 U.S Open Tennis: Men's Final
7:00 PM 2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series: Emerson Radio 250
10:00 PM NFL Football Night in America
11:15 PM NFL Sunday Night Football: Chicago Bears @ Indianapolis Colts

Here is the schedule for Sunday September 7th on TSN

12:30 AM SPORTSCENTRE
1:00 AM 2008 World Series of Poker: $10,000 Pot Limit Hold 'Em
2:00 AM SPORTSCENTRE
3:00 AM 2008 Esso Women's National Hockey Championship (Charlottetown, PEI)
5:30 AM SPORTSCENTRE
6:30 AM SPORTSCENTRE
7:30 AM 2008 Formula One Auto Racing: Belgian Grand Prix - Pre-race
8:00 AM 2008 Formula One Auto Racing: Belgian Grand Prix
10:00 AM ESPN Magazine's Sports Reporters
10:30 AM TSN The Reporters with Dave Hodge
11:00 AM NFL Countdown
1:00 PM CFL on TSN: Toronto @ Montreal
4:00 PM CFL on TSN: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg
7:00 PM NFL Football Night in America
8:15 PM NFL Sunday Night Football: Chicago Bears @ Indianapolis Colts
11:30 PM SPORTSCENTRE

Here is the schedule for Monday September 8th on TSN

12:30 AM IndyCar Series Auto Racing: Chicagoland Indy
2:00 AM SPORTSCENTRE
3:00 AM TSN The Reporters with Dave Hodge
3:30 AM 2008 World Under 17 Hockey Challenge (London, ON)
5:30 AM STIHL Timbersports Series Canada
6:00 AM SPORTSCENTRE
7:00 AM SPORTSCENTRE
8:00 AM SPORTSCENTRE
9:00 AM SPORTSCENTRE
10:00 AM SPORTSCENTRE
11:00 AM SPORTSCENTRE
12:00 PM The Best of Off the Record: Dana White
12:30 PM Canadian Sportfishing: Channel Catfish
1:00 PM PBA Bowling: 2008 USBC Women's US Open
2:00 PM Boxing: Rumble at Rama V - Steve Molitor vs. Ceferino Dario Labarda
4:00 PM NFL Primetime
5:00 PM Around the Horn
5:30 PM Pardon the Interruption
6:00 PM Off the Record
6:30 PM SPORTSCENTRE
7:00 PM Monday Night Football: Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers
10:15 PM Monday Night Football: Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders

#19 ·
Was that on Rogers? I was thinking of the same thing. Might be time for sports fans to revolt, lol. I sent an email today to TSN and an online one to Rogers. I am thinking seriously of Bell Satellite or Aliaint TV. Getting to the point where I have had enough. TSN2 should be available to us or TSN should be forced to provide service to us in a proper and timely manor.

#20 ·
TSN can't control the weather, so we can't blame them for not showing the Richmond race on the main network. The CFL games, no matter how boring, were scheduled months ago. So, their only option is to put the race on TSN2. Hopefully, they'll throw NASCAR fans a bone and show a replay on the "main" sometime on Monday, since putting the race on TSN2 is of no use to the majority of us.

So far, TSN2 has been an irritant to millions of viewers across the country, and a total embarrassment to TSN. What were they thinking, launching this channel before they had the major carriers on board? I hope the powers that be will get together and sort this mess out sooner than later.

#24 ·
races

So we get to watch F1 on TSN and now I am watching the start of the Indy final on ABC but this TSN2 thing, no Nascar on the maybe most important race so far, at Richmond, the final race in the chase to the playoffs.....guess I should check the web to see what happened because I don't see any way we get to see either Nascar race, anytime soon...Thanks TSN

#28 ·
According to the TSN website the finale to the US Open is only on TSN2!!!! Instead they are scheduled to have ESPN 'personalities' yelling about the NFL from 5 to 6 followed by the usual rubbish. TSN2 is not available on ANY platform in the area I live. The cynicism of TSN knows no bounds. Are they expecting me to jump on the phone and yell at my satellite provider to get TSN2? It's not going to happen. It is TSN, not Star Choice, that is to blame...this time. I hope CBS shows it but so far they have not updated their schedule while the US Open website says you have to live in the US to get the live stream.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.