Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Some new ITC HD on DN 61.5

9K views 56 replies 12 participants last post by  HDTV Junkee 
#1 ·
12559 H 20000 HD Locals from Wilmington N.C.
ABC 4130/4131
CBS 4386/4387
NBC 4642/4643
FOX 4898/4899
PBS 5154/5155

These scan in clear my my Pansat 9000.
They show up as Ch. A with Q and S at 98%.

But I have no picture or sound?

#29 ·
When I used to have DN , I noticed that the entire dish skews, not the LNB individually. Since I put up an entire DN dish complete with existing circular LNB, I figure I will have to skew the dish as they did before .
We do demolition work ( no explosives) and my son saves all of the DR & DN dishes for me. He doesn't know the difference, and that I don't need them, so I have , literally , a pile of dishes out behind the barn . I guess I'll go to the scrap yard eventually. :)

#30 ·
In this area, we usually get 5 to 6 cents per pound. Though, certain larger items cars, trucks etc. get more.

If I had your collection of scrap, I would get what I could for them. Amazes me on the American Pickers' shows how many people really collect old scrap (anything).

Sometimes I keep some old Circular LNB's that I find laying around on garbage day. I had heard that you can convert these to linear if one needed to. Though I do not know how.

Recently read that a few more channels on the DN sats may have come ITC. Maybe just temporary though. Weather not so good for experimenting.

#32 ·
...Recently read that a few more channels on the DN sats may have come ITC. Maybe just temporary though...
At last count, up to 10 channels ITC now heading into at least 3 months of ITClearness. Life is temporary too.

#34 · (Edited)
Sorry to mislead. I was referring to 8 DN plus CNN (gone: last checked NBA TV) and ABC HD both on 87W Ku. I can't check now: snow has buried LNB so no sigs available until I go clean the dish.

Revised: Correction, the ABC HD was on 89W, not 87W. It is gone now.

#36 ·
Thanks for the update Cyberham. When I moved my dish to the 103 position from 101 for the SuperBowl feeds (which I never ended up using -- just OTA) my LNB offshoots for 87 degrees and for 95 degrees became 91 and 97 degrees.

I also keep a long broom handy and some cold water in a spray bottle (reaching out the window) in such cases of snow filled dishes.

My own limits due to the eavestrough extension are 110, so I am limited to 61 Amazonas through 110.

#37 ·
I personally wouldnt water bottle my dish/lnb, but thats just me.
Also, besides PBS on 125w.. there isnt much on the Ku side above 110.

I lucked out when I installed mine as I inadvertently installed it in the best spot.. I get 61w to 125w no problem (am guessing 61w is the lowest as I never found anything below it).

This spring, when installing the 6 footer, I might have issues getting anything about 121w due to the proximity to the house (colonial style) and the low angle (under 20degrees).

Cheers, K

#38 ·
Cant this to work on my S9

I wiped my S9 channel list and started fresh. I hooked up an old 20" Bell dish with a DPP circular lnb instead of the 36" with linear lnb. Created a new satellite and entered the frequency in the first post as transponder 1. Scanned for fta only and get 2 channels - barker channels for Dish business services. If I scan in all - I get many scrambled channels but not the ITC ones. Tried setting the lnb to several different settings (I think 10500 gave the the highest quality) but it does not have a setting for linear and I don't know the true frequency of the DPP lnb.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

#43 ·
I wiped my S9 channel list and started fresh. I hooked up an old 20" Bell dish with a DPP circular lnb instead of the 36" with linear lnb. Created a new satellite and entered the frequency in the first post as transponder 1. Scanned for fta only and get 2 channels - barker channels for Dish business services. If I scan in all - I get many scrambled channels but not the ITC ones. Tried setting the lnb to several different settings (I think 10500 gave the the highest quality) but it does not have a setting for linear and I don't know the true frequency of the DPP lnb.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve
Went thru same issue. just nothing over and over then boom there they were.

#39 ·
The five NC network locals went black this hour.

Shall we all go to C-band?

#40 ·
Arg! don't you love this hobby...

I guess my next project is to temporalily hook up my 1m with the wierd skew on 103 for the NBC channels. Winter really has not come here this season (tommorow it is going to 11C and next weeks forcast is up to 13C) so there is no excuse to not experiment outside.

Sigh.

Steve

#42 ·
It's so. But...why not go check those tp now....hehehe...

#44 ·
Cyberham,

Having a tough time picking up Symbol Rate of 21500 on the Openbox for 61.5

Is this even possible with this receiver? I am aware that 22500 is not possible, but.

Thanks for the update -- looks like a new promotion -- maybe until March 31st this time. Wasn't that far off on the previous one.

I think with the advent of the new Apple TV, cable and satellite companies will be looking for ways to give freebees to their best customers.

Our 20% discount was up this month with Rogers (had it for two years -- VIP digital). They were only too happy to give it to us again, yet this time they said, we will give you 25% off (ie. to stay with us for another year).

#45 ·
Having a tough time picking up Symbol Rate of 21500 on the Openbox for 61.5

Is this even possible with this receiver? I am aware that 22500 is not possible, but.
No, it's not possible on a regular Openbox. But these are all 20000 so you can see them.

Our 20% discount was up this month with Rogers (had it for two years -- VIP digital). They were only too happy to give it to us again, yet this time they said, we will give you 25% off (ie. to stay with us for another year).
Rogers is nice! I negotiated with Eastlink cable for a month to retain the discount and they wouldn't budge an inch. So I quit them and moved to Shaw Direct. Now I only subscribe to Basic package and save a bundle.

#47 ·
1) National Geographic; 2) Lifetime; 3) TLC; 4) BTN; 5) ESPN; 6) CNN (with commercials); 7) MTV; 8) Fox Soccer; 9) HDNET Movies; 10) HBO2; 11) ERT World; 12) ATN Bangla; 13) ANT Greek

#48 ·
Cyberham -- thank you for all you do to contribute to the board. I receive all that you have posted on 61.5. As I said before, I think that there are a lot of promotions going on -- which is good.

NB to my last night's comment?

What kind of Receiver / USB / tuner card do you need to pick-up the 21500 or 22500 TP's? Az Box / Manhattan / Genpix? etc.

I only have one TV at the present time that I can watch FTA satellite / OTA or Rogers. I would like to have the option of using my computer -- single RG6 cable to it (nothing fancy).

#49 ·
I don't discover most of this myself (sometimes I do by accident). But I always personally confirm before posting anything. If I can catch with my simple equipment, then many can.

I have no experience with catching the 21500 turbo 8PSK or 22500 turbo QPSK. You can read others experiences on other boards. Need to get your PC equipped with a sat TV board, I guess. I bet majortom knows about this.

#55 ·
I guess from time to time, there continue to be changes with some of the ITC channels on this satellite.

Question for the board -- what are CONUS feeds? Do you need to do anything to receive them should the channels become ITC.

I think of TP 12545 R 20000 as an example -- for some reason there seem to be channels there -- Lyngsat says they are test cards -- dish slates? Has anyone had a look at them?

#56 ·
CONUS just means CONtinental United States - the feed is available across all of the US (and areas like Southern Ontario of course). Other channels are spot beamed to certain areas, especially the network affiliates, which are sent only to the city and surrounding area it is supposed to serve. Spot beam technology allows the providers to maximize the use of its satellite capacity.

No matter how big your dish is, you can't receive a spot beam if you are out of its footprint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.