Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

CBC to expand News on weekends. (Local News)

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JamesK 
#1 ·
I was watch CBC News last night and apparently their going to be introducing local news on the wekends. The person said Spring of 2012. He didn't say if there would be a 1/2 telecast. I'm assuming this will be 6PM(local time zone), no word on late evening.

I'd rather see them extend their late night news(local) to a 1/2 hour from its present 10mins :mad:

#2 ·
I'd like to see a bit more news on Saturday evening (currently 0.5 hour) and also some on Sunday evening (currently none). I don't watch the late news because I have to get up for work the next day. While they're at it, they could also cut back the week day evening news from 1.5 to 1 hour, as right now, there's too much redundancy (do we really need the weather 6x in 1.5 hours?). The news running from 6 to 6:30 is almost a replay of 5-5:30, with a couple of new pieces. Bottom line, it should be an hour show 7 days/week, including local coverage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.