Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

WWE Network

48K views 138 replies 39 participants last post by  jfoley85 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The new WWE Network will be coming to Rogers. WWE & Rogers signed a 10 year agreement to carry the online network as a pay tv channel. Rogers will distribute the channel to other providers across Canada. No idea what this means for WWE Network in Canada via video game systems or the WWE website as nothing like that was announced. Also no idea what this means for the VOD content WWE Network offers to subscribers.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/full-details-wwes-10-year-deal-wrogers-communications-canada/#.U9r4imPSbcs

#86 ·
Yes, 412 and 413 are unused. Both these are SD channels. If WWE network is going to be shown in HD, the channel would be 1412 which is already in use by beIN. So, based on your theory, either WWE Network won't be shown in HD or the two beIN channels will get bumped.

In case you hadn't worked it out, the HD version of a channel simple gets a 1 added to the front of it. beIN isn't offered in HD, which is why you don't see it in the 400 sports block.

#92 ·
TORONTO (February 12, 2015) Rogers today announced that it has reached carriage agreements for WWE Network with multiple television providers, providing more Canadian fans with access to premium WWE programming. In addition to Rogers and Eastlink, the premium linear TV channel will now also be available to Cogeco Cable Canada, Shaw and Shaw Direct, TELUS Optik TV and TELUS Satellite TV, and Videotron subscribers (see launch dates below).

Launch dates for the television providers are as follows:
TELUS Satellite TV – February 25
Videotron – February 25
Cogeco Cable Canada – March 26
TELUS Optik TV, Shaw and Shaw Direct to announce their March launch dates in the coming weeks

http://about.rogers.com/About/Media...hes_Agreement_with_Multiple_TV_Providers.aspx

#93 ·
Interesting?

I noticed Bell is not on that list, which leads me to believe all those reports about Bell signing a deal with Rogers was total BS. If it where true either Bell Media or Rogers Communications would of sent out Press Release. Its a month since "supposedly" a deal was signed and there's been nothing from Bell Media or Rogers Communications regarding Bell launching WWE Network.

#95 ·
The funny thing is that Telus Satellite is just a rebranding of Bell Satellite, so it can't be on Telus Satellite if it's not on Bell.

One possibility is they want to include Bell Fibe and Bell Aliant FibreOP and are trying to work out the details and make a single announcement.

#101 ·
Don't know that there is/was a press release...but I see it on my screen on Bell Satellite TV...free preview for the first month starting on February 25th.

The program guide is already populated with shows...whooohooo...I honestly didn't think this day would come.

#103 ·
If you scroll ahead in the guide (assuming you have a Bell HD PVR) until February 25th...you'll see all the WWE shows that have populated in the guide and in the information it states: "free preview until March 25th".

This "Free Preview" makes a lot of sense since the PPV (Fastlane) is tomorrow (February 22nd) and will miss those dates and the next PPV (Wrestlemania 31) falls just after the "free preview" expires on March 29th.

#107 ·
I don't see anything on Bell Fibreop TV, not even a promo or a reserved channel.
That could change in a couple of days. If so, that will be great. Guess Bell wants to get all of that important Fastlane PPV money. :)

I would assume if Bell gets the network, all of their providers across the country will get the network.

#109 ·
source. http://www.wwe.com/canada
WWE Network coming to more Canadians. Launch dates for the television providers are as follows:

TELUS Satellite TV - Feb. 25
Bell - Feb. 25
TELUS Optik TV - March 25
Cogeco Cable Canada - March 26
Shaw and Shaw Direct to announce March launch dates in the coming weeks

#112 ·
If they haven't announced it yet, it likely won't be coming tomorrow to Bell Aliant. It will becoming some day though, you can bet on it.

I'm with them as well. :) It's how these things tend to go. They're often behind Bell itself due to their smaller scale, but they should be able to get a deal done with Rogers now that Bell is on board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.