Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

WWE Network

48K views 138 replies 39 participants last post by  jfoley85 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The new WWE Network will be coming to Rogers. WWE & Rogers signed a 10 year agreement to carry the online network as a pay tv channel. Rogers will distribute the channel to other providers across Canada. No idea what this means for WWE Network in Canada via video game systems or the WWE website as nothing like that was announced. Also no idea what this means for the VOD content WWE Network offers to subscribers.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/full-details-wwes-10-year-deal-wrogers-communications-canada/#.U9r4imPSbcs

#31 · (Edited)
A note from this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter about the Network in Canada

Regarding the network in Canada on Rogers, the reason there are so small archives is because this whole thing was rushed to launch because they (the WWE) have to show improved (subscriber) numbers over the next three months. They hadn’t gotten CRTC approval yet. Rogers is discussing offering the network to other cable systems covering the rest of the country.
Also, here is what originally was offered at launch as far as VOD

SummerSlams from 1991, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2003, WCW Great American Bash from 1989, WCW Bash at the Beach from 1994, 1996 and 1998, and ECW Heat Waves from 1998 and 1999, plus the first ECW One Night Stand show in 2005.

#32 ·
A note from this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter about the Network in Canada

Also, here is what originally was offered at launch as far as VOD
Interesting to see that Rogers rushed the WWE Network's launch. And I'm not so sure if Rogers will ever put up all the content our US counterpart's are viewing.

So far, what you have listed, is still the only content that's available on WWEOD.
Nothing new has been added since its launch.

It's only been on Rogers for a very short time, so I'll give it a month or two. If there isn't a substantial amount of content added to the VOD, then I'll quickly unsubscribe.

#33 ·
I have a friend who has WWE Network from Rogers, he told me(if I heard him correctly) that you pay $11.99/month for WWE Network, but you have to pay a additional $11.99/Wrestling PPV? :confused: From my understanding was that you just pay $11.99/month and that includes all On Demand,shows and PPV events on the WWE Network that's available in Canada? I'm assuming that's the way its in the US except for the price difference $9.99/month compared to $11.99/month. Can anyone who has the WWE Network in Canada(Canadian Version) confirm this?

#41 ·
Rogers presumably gave the WWE more money than they could ever get by just releasing the Network in Canada in its intended form. Vince McMahon all but admitted it's gonna suck but it was an offer he couldn't refuse.

They originally wanted 1 million subscribers in the U.S., which would've amounted to 120 million bucks a year. Does anyone think if someone like Verizon would have offered them 200 million to be the exclusive distributor they would have said no?

#52 ·
http://fightnetwork.com/news/52797:law-dec.-17-update-new-canadian-carrier-for-wwe-network/

**The WWE Network been picked up by Eastlink Cable in Canada, which stretches into nine provinces and has over 450,000 subscribers. This is the second carrier in the country to pick up the network with Rogers distributing the network in Canada and launching this past August. The CRTC recently approved Rogers with a license for the network and not holding the network to regular Canadian content standards with Rogers stating that the intention was for the network to mirror the U.S. version and fully roll it out to consumers.

Of course Eastlink gets the WWE Network a month or so after I switched to Bell Aliant Fibre Op. Had a feeling this would happen. Hopefully, Bell gets the rights to the network. Fingers crossed.

#53 ·
WWE Network - launching on Bell TV on January 15

The WWE Network deal that Rogers finalized with Bell Canada officially starts on January 15th, and is expected to increase subscriptions for the digital service as Bell customers have reportedly requested the WWE Network in droves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.