Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell Media launches "TV Everywhere" live streaming & on demand

47K views 87 replies 35 participants last post by  cyclist44 
#1 ·
Finally, instead of monopolizing streaming of its channels through its wireless services, Bell is doing what it should have done in the first place by adopting the "TV Everywhere" model used by many U.S. channels, where access is regulated by participating service providers, beginning with the Bravo Go app.

CTV, CTV News, TSN, RDS and Discovery are also on the way. (Hopefully they follow the lead of ESPN and call the TSN one "WatchTSN" instead)

#85 ·
@cyclist44 I moved your post to this thread. I don't think there's a way around it - I'm actually surprised the other apps don't check, since the version of Android on those TV boxes is a hack of the mobile version.

In addition to computers, the following platforms are supported:

iPad, iPod and iPhone running iOS 8.0+ with AirPlay
Android tablets and smartphones running version 4.0+
Xbox One
Samsung SmartTV and blu-ray players with Samsung Smart Hub: 2014 – 2018
Apple TV 4+, OS version 9.0+

CTV App supports Chromecast and AirPlay Mirroring. Official AirPlay support is not currently available.

Source: SYSTEM AND PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY

#86 ·
@cyclist44, Is it just some programs or all programs? Some streamed programming is only licensed for small screens such as phones and tablets. As soon as the device is connected to a big screen with HDMI the content is blocked. The same content may also be blocked for casting. That's not because Android is hacked, it's because the content owner does not want the content streamed to a big screen. It's a feature added for content owners, not a bug.

#87 ·
Had the same issue. Here's what I did...

If Google Play is working on your box AND you got CTV GO from there, uninstall it.

You may also have Aptoide installed on your box, if not, install it. Look for a version of CTV GO on there that is an older version, maybe 1 or 2 versions older. Install the older version and give it a try. Mine worked fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.