Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Horror Channel In Canada?

60K views 136 replies 35 participants last post by  JesuisJake 
#1 ·
I recently heard that dusk(formerly scream) which wasn't really horror anymore will be dropped from bell. I think alot of people would like and dont understand why there wouldn't be a horror channel in Canada.
Is there any talk Canada could get a US horror channel Like Chiller or Fearnet
or mabe an original channel?

#111 ·
It's hard to say at this point. If it doesn't launch in 2015, i'm definitely sure that it won't ever launch. Who knows? Maybe they are still making negotiations with more providers and getting more content seeing how they added some more movies they're airing on tv on their website.

#112 ·
I contacted TTV by phone and got a reply.
They are saying they are still in negotiation for carriage but carriers taking a long time to make their mind (the carriers are stating that they are waiting for the CRTC ruling in march 2015 before launching any new channel (especially independant channel).
They said they are ready with programming and yes, it will be plenty horror..

Can't wait

#113 ·
If they don't launch on TV, I would like to see them launch as a streaming channel. WWE Network had a similar issue in the US where they wanted to launch as a TV channel but none of the providers took them up on it, so they launched as a streaming channel.

I know there are a few issues doing that in Canada such as promotion, bandwidth caps and competing with the other horror movie channel on devices like Roku but at least it's an option.

#118 ·
Sadly, due to the inability to get providers to carry the channel, it looks as though it will never launch. Although my understanding is that my provider, Eastlink, has already made a deal to carry the channel, there appear to be no others as of now, and a minimum of three providers is what the owners of this channel are aiming for before they can launch.

#120 ·
The entire thing is a mystery. Earlier, it had indeed looked as though things were "set to go", with three providers already signed on, hence an announced launch date earlier. My thought is that one or more of those deals must have fallen through, and the launch date was withdrawn.

#127 ·
Didn't SHAW own Dusk which they shuttered because of lack of interest. Why would they now want Terror Tv. I don't get why if so many of you are interested in that genre, you can easily watch the UK Horror Channel for free and legally on FilmOn.tv, which has some quality programming.

#134 ·
latest news from channel is that they plan to launch french frissons.tv on december 17 2015 and the english channel on march 4 th 2016
they have trouble getting a deal with carriers they say carriers doesn'T believe anymore in horror genre hannel since scream channel closed down so call your tv providers guys if you want the channel source: terrortv facebook page

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.