Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Horror Channel In Canada?

60K views 136 replies 35 participants last post by  JesuisJake 
#1 ·
I recently heard that dusk(formerly scream) which wasn't really horror anymore will be dropped from bell. I think alot of people would like and dont understand why there wouldn't be a horror channel in Canada.
Is there any talk Canada could get a US horror channel Like Chiller or Fearnet
or mabe an original channel?

#83 ·
Good news for us on Eastlink, looks like it will launch on Eastlink whenever it does launch.

From Facebook:

Terror TV The channel will be offered by Eastlink

Like · Reply · 1 · August 22 at 8:59am

Terror TV no launch launch date has been set yet.. (end of 2014)

Like · Reply · August 25 at 2:17pm

Terror TV yes, Eastlink has picked up the channel. It will be offered at 2.95$ per month

Like · Reply · August 25 at 2:10pm

Looks like their saying it won't launch now until the end of the year according to there response in brackets.. That sucks if true.

#84 ·
I got a reply from Terror TV on FB, and it's not good news for people like myself, who like horror films and have Rogers cable.

Eastlink, Shaw and Bell will be picking up Terror TV. I was told Rogers isn't.:(

If you are a horror film buff, and really want to see this channel on Rogers, I'd advise you to call and request it. I already have.

#85 ·
Although I'm glade Bell is picking it up, and according tothe reply you got Rogers isn't.

But the thing you got to remember is its only Aug 30 and if true that it will launch in Dec 2014/Jan 2015 that's several months away and things could easily change.

But the thing is why do they keep punishing back the launch date? If they got all this programming locked up and have Eastlink,Shaw cable/Direct & Bell Sat/Fibe 3 of the largest providers they should launch on the date they had Oct. There something not right about this? :confused:

#86 ·
Here is my last post and reply from TerrorTV.

Are you guys in discussions with Rogers for the channel? I wonder why Rogers hasn't picked it up.

TTV: They said that they won't launch new channels before 2015

It looks like Rogers will add it at some point, just not until the new year.

I know we're still months away from launch. The first reply I got when the person from TTV stated that "it's not coming to Rogers", didn't make me too happy.

Their last reply, MCI, gives me the idea that it likely will launch on Rogers, and perhaps
around the same time period/ or after Terror TV launches on the other cable systems.

And I like you, have no clue as to why they keep pushing back from airing their channel. I've only known about TTV for about a month now, when I saw an add for it on FB. Was quite excited when I looked at their web page. We hadn't had anything like it since Scream, and it would be nice to have a channel that is equal/ or better than Scream was. And hopefully a channel that will be around a lot longer than Scream.

#87 · (Edited)
Well I emailed them the other day and got the real reason why the channel hasn't launched yet and I appreciated the honest answer the TerrorTV rep gave me, it was refreshing. The reason why it has not launched and why the launch dates keep getting pushed back is because they said that they need at least 3 providers signed on the dotted line in order to launch the channel and that they do not have 3 signed yet. Here's the email:

Hello,

The main reason of push back launch date is that we’re still in negotiations with the carriers. We need a minimum of 3 carriers to launch.
For our end, our team is ready and our programming is all set with exciting content. The only thing (and very important) is the distribution deal. And we also want the carriers to keep a low price on the channel.
We are expecting a monthly subscriber fee between 2.50 -3.00 $. As soon as we close those deals, the promotional campaign will start and we will offer a free preview of the channel.
So, we invite you to keep looking at the website and follow us on Facebook and spread the word.

Thank you for your interest !

The Terror TV Team
Be Afraid ! Be Very Afraid!
www.terrortv.ca

You want TERROR TV… call your
cable/Telecommunication
provider and ask for TERROR TV
So their we have it, the real reason why were still waiting for this channels launch. They are all ready to turn the switch on to start broadcasting but just waiting on the negotiations.

#88 ·
I tried emailing Terror TV last week to ask a few questions, including a possible future launch on Eastlink, and whether they plan to close caption their programming, but the email was ignored.

I guess this says something about future customer service at this channel, if, and when, it ever launches.

#89 ·
For them to ignore a possible future customer, isn't all that wise.

Perhaps the discussions aren't going all that well, at this point?
As Jimbo42 had stated above the reply he had gotten back, that they need three providers to get their channel launched. Two of three giving them a hassle maybe?

They gave me short and sweet answers, as you can see in my post above. Well, as it concerns their horror channel launching on Rogers anyhow, that they won't launch new channels until the new year. Rogers I believe has launched more than one new channel lately. A new ethnic channel, but still a new channel all the same.

And again, ignoring their fan base would not be a wise move on their part.

#90 ·
I wrote them last Thursday, and have not heard so much a peep out of them since then, 5 days and counting. My thought is that they may be skirting the whole question about the closed captioning, since that is important to me.

I mentioned that I am an Eastlink subscriber, and was hoping that they would be included as part of Eastlink's lineup in the future, since I am a fan of this type if programming.

I will try writing them again, and ask them point blank if it is their policy to ignore possible future subscribers.

#95 ·
David, from their Facebook page:

Terror TV: The channel will be offered by Eastlink
August 22 at 4:59am
Terror TV: yes, Eastlink has picked up the channel. It will be offered at 2.95$ per month
August 25 at 10:10am
Terror TV: It won't be available on Cogeco. It will be available on Bell, Shaw and Eastlink
August 29 at 6:01pm

#92 ·
Good news for my Cousin's down east. My Dad's side is from Springhill, NS.
And I'm happy for you that they will be using closed captioning for people
who have hearing problems.

As for people like myself, who have Rogers in Ontario, I'm hoping TTV is getting close to a deal with them, as well! No excuse for Rogers to lowball TTV, as they're an exceedingly wealthy company.

#98 ·
Thanks for posting this, jimbo42. I don't have FB, and would have missed these posts. It is also good to see that it is being offered by Bell and Shaw in addition to Eastlink, since my understanding is that they wouldn't launch until they could be assured of being carried by at least three providers.

#104 ·
Just received notice that Terrortv is still negotiating carriage of the channel and they stating before Christmas it should be launched. ( notice was via Facebook - TerrorTV )

#109 ·
They have now once again removed another launch date from their website. The March 26th launch has now been removed and all it says is launching in 2015. This is actually starting to get pretty funny and sad at the same time. I'm beginning to think like some others that this channel will never launch.

They don't even answer their emails, I sent an email over a week ago and have got no response at all from them. The silence and the constant launch date changes tell me this is not looking good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.