Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Horror Channel In Canada?

60K views 136 replies 35 participants last post by  JesuisJake 
#1 ·
I recently heard that dusk(formerly scream) which wasn't really horror anymore will be dropped from bell. I think alot of people would like and dont understand why there wouldn't be a horror channel in Canada.
Is there any talk Canada could get a US horror channel Like Chiller or Fearnet
or mabe an original channel?

#57 · (Edited)
NEW DIGITAL CHANNEL COMING IN CANADA MARCH 2014

TERROR TV is Canada’s new TV channel dedicated to the horror genre including feature films, cult movies, cult television series. The channel will be carried nationally on all major cable, satellite and telecommunication systems in Canada. TERROR TV is owned by Quebec’s Callisto Television Corp.

YOU WANT TERROR TV? Contact your cable provider today and let them know that YOU want all the horror offered on TERROR TV.... in HD !
It's about freaking time we get a horror channel. Good News ! Would like it very much if they aired "Goosebumps" and "Are You Afraid of the Dark".

Their website is www.terrortv.ca

#66 ·
The channel has recently updated their website. It appears as though the channel may launch in August 2014 (because when you click on their schedule, it says the schedule will be available in August). Looks like they may do a decent job, unlike The Cult Movie Network which is just really bad, I can't even say B-movies, it's more like Z-movies, TerrorTV looks like it will air some Hollywood stuff, primarily older stuff.

www.terrortv.cA

#68 ·
There is no foregone conclusion that all major Canadian satellite and cable companies will carry this, but it would certainly be nice if this were to indeed be the case. The website gives contact information so that one nay call your carrier and request that they carry it.

This looks like the channel that Scream should have been before it switched programming type and ended up going off the air a number of years ago.

#70 ·
Well it looks like they updated their website with a full list of providers and a full list of movies and shows. Looking at the movie selection, I would say it's way better than anything I've seen on Dusk (Scream). I decided I'd post a list of providers that are going to carry this channel at launch.

Access Communications
Bell TV
Bell Alliant
Bell Fibe HD
Bell Fibe
Bruce
Cable Cable
Cogeco
Davia
Eastlink
MTS Allstream
Nexicom
Novus
Rogers HD
Rogers SD
Sasktel
Shaw Cable
Shaw Direct
Telus Optik TV HD
Telus Satellite
Videotron

I'm excited for this channel. Canada's version of Chiller.

#71 ·
This is one channel I am really looking forward to see, and I am glad to see Eastlink listed as one of the providers. It appears that advertising will only be before and after movies as well.

Edited. After looking at the list of providers on the actual channel website, I am not sure if those companies will actually be carrying the channel, or if that is simply a list of companies to whom one can ask to carry the channel. I guess that I better contact Eastlink to make sure.

#80 ·
Hello!:)

Not actually a newbie here. I had a different account, and last used it approx.
three or more years ago. I used my alternate e-mail address to register.

I'm hoping Terror TV will be added soon to Rogers. I had e-mailed the programming director at info@terrortv.ca to see what he knew.

My guess is that if the channel is to be launching soon, within the next five days SCMKINNON had stated, he/ or she was unlikely permitted to tell me that it would be launching soon on Rogers digital. He just "No. It won't be on Rogers at this time. I got the reply two days ago.

He also stated that it will also be available in SD, as well as HD.

Recall Scream starting off well, some years ago. Also remember it fizzling, when they cut horror themed movies and shows, opting for thriller and drama type programming.

Here's hoping TerrorTV ends up being a better channel, with more content!

#82 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was on Terrortv's page on Facebook. Someone asked if it was coming to Eastlink, and they replied that it was coming soon. If you're on FB, just look for Terror TV on it, find the page and scroll down. On the far left of the page you'll see messages some people have left. One had been replied to (one for Eastlink) and the others not.

In Ontario, I have no idea. I've left messages for a couple of people, and never got a straight answer, or just never got a reply.

SMICKINNON in this thread last stated that it would be launching on the 30th, which is tomorrow. I haven't gotten any indication that it will be launching on Rogers here in Ontario, come tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.