Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Horror Channel In Canada?

60K views 136 replies 35 participants last post by  JesuisJake 
#1 ·
I recently heard that dusk(formerly scream) which wasn't really horror anymore will be dropped from bell. I think alot of people would like and dont understand why there wouldn't be a horror channel in Canada.
Is there any talk Canada could get a US horror channel Like Chiller or Fearnet
or mabe an original channel?

#29 ·
Replacement for Dust TV

So Dusk TV is one month away from getting the plug pulled since I use to subs on a pick 2 for 2.99 deal I was wondering what channel should I replace it with. Got any suggestion my package is Parfait Bilingue + Music. Let have a bit of fun with that shall we!

#30 ·
Interesting worded message from DUSK. The downside is sorry they are shutting down Mar 23rd, but the good news is that in the meantime stay tuned for the DUSK for the great programming you regularly enjoy.

Seriously though I did subscribe when Dusk was Scream and liked some of their programming, though I still think the ideal movie channel would be commercial free. It always seems like Canadian specialty channels start off as something specialized, and then by the end change their format or add programs that really have nothing to do with the theme of that channel.

#41 ·
TerrorTV's website is here at www.terrortv.com. If you're hoping for another reincarnation of Scream, think again, this channel looks like from its website it will air cheap B movie horror films, similar to The Cult Movie Network. So, if you think you'll be watching Saw or any other big name Hollywood horror film, think again.

Winner25... where did you hear/read that the channel will launch in March 2014?

#43 ·
Still would be an option to all those channels full of reality shows. I habe seen the Saw movies and once I watch them I won't watch them a second time. If Terror TV has movies like the one shown at Afterdark, or Full moon or even some low budget Lions Gate or Dimension than it would be good.

#45 ·
An update for this thread....

I've found out the actual website for this new channel and it appears it will be launching in March 2014.

www.terrortv.ca

There is a bit of an indication of they type of content it will air (whether it be Hollywood blockbusters such as Saw or whether it will be low quality B movie faire such as they type of content you'll see on The Cult Movie Network, Canada's other semi-horror channel). It's description does say "TERROR TV is Canada’s new TV channel dedicated to the horror genre including feature films, cult movies, cult television series."

#46 ·
If indeed this channel launches in March 2014 and is carried by the major providers:

Bell
Rogers
Shaw
Videotron
EastLink
and a few others.

You'll probably see series like:

Friday The 13
Elvira Of The Night

Movies trilogies like:

Friday The 13
Nightmare On Elm Street
Scream
Final Destination
Halloween

and other regular & B type movies.

#48 ·
Yes it is official We finally get a Scream, Terror, Movie channel in Canada and its on all cable networks begining March 2014

i wonder which HD channel they will be allocated for this one since ALL hd CHANNELS dial is all used. unless they realign the lineup

#51 ·
There's still no guarantee that the channel will launch by that date or even that it will launch at all. there's channels, in particular, independent channels, where they may create a website and state it will launch on this date or what have you, and it actually doesn't.

Take The Philanthropy Channel for example. I remember their website use to state that it would launch on 12-12-12. That's almost a year ago now and now it states it will launch in 2014.

Bulb TV, another small indie channel released a press release in April 2013 saying it'll launch in May or June, and still nothing.

The Ecology Channel... another small indie channel who went on and off the air a couple times, said that they would be relaunching in 2007 and 2008, but it never materialized.

So, the reason why they may not list any BDUs that will be carrying it is because they may not even have any yet that have confirmed. And who knows, it may not even got to air at all yet. It would be nice if it did though.

#55 ·
NEW DIGITAL CHANNEL COMING IN CANADA MARCH 2014

TERROR TV is Canada’s new TV channel dedicated to the horror genre including feature films, cult movies, cult television series. The channel will be carried nationally on all major cable, satellite and telecommunication systems in Canada. TERROR TV is owned by Quebec’s Callisto Television Corp.

YOU WANT TERROR TV? Contact your cable provider today and let them know that YOU want all the horror offered on TERROR TV.... in HD !

#56 ·
It's interesting that it says "will be carried by every major cable or satellite operator in Canada, as though it's a foregone conclusion. Although it would certainly be nice if this was to be true, we cannot count on anything until we see how negotiations with cable/satellite companies go.

Hopefully, content will be closed captioned if this station gets on the sir.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.