Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun News Going Black - Friday the 13th.

16K views 101 replies 31 participants last post by  MCIBUS 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#94 ·
There must be a way to state your case without suggesting that people who disagree with you are not reasonable.
The point I'm trying to make is that most conservatives didn't like SUN News either. Channels like SUN News, FOX News and MSNBC just preach to the converted.

it was a welcome alternative to the awkwardly politically correct, self-aggrandizing parochial drivel served up by the mainstream Canadian media
It's pretty sad for society if the only way we can watch news channels is if they resort gong show tactics to get viewers.

#97 ·
For those whining about Sun news being denied mandatory basic carriage, let me say this again in many ways:

*The other channels don't have mandatory basic carriage either.

*The CRTC does not tell BDU's to put any of the majority language news channels in the basic package.

*The other news channels do not get government enforced corporate welfare.

The CRTC may even force the BDU's to create a skinny basic package that CAN'T have the other news channels. I might even resubscribe if they do.

#102 ·
In all honest so Sun News is gone. OH Well. They tried and had issues. Life goes on. Is everyone believe just because Sun News came to an end that your life stops? It just a channel. It came. it stayed for a while and now its gone. There was Sun News views and now those views/opions are gone, but there always Fox News, maybe not in Canadian version but still there. Today's the present and tomorrows another day and maybe in a year or 2 or 3 there be another Sun News type channel, until then just except that the channel maybe gone, but your voice/views/opions are still there and no one can take that from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.