Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

HD - Peter Frampton kicks off PBS Soundstage 2007 Season

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  lars 
#1 ·
Groundbreaking Concert Series Begins New Season January 18th

Soundstage, the ground-breaking primetime concert series on PBS, continues its 4th season on January 18th with rock star Peter Frampton, for a special two-part episode (second part to air January 25th). The season, which will run through March 1st, also includes the punk rock legends The New York Dolls (February 1st), CMA Award winner Lee Ann Womack (February 8th) folk/rock star Jewel (February 15th), singer/songwriter Rickie Lee Jones (February 22nd).
http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/airdate.htm

#2 ·
I caught a few songs on a rebroadcast the other night. Terrific guitar playing by Frampton. The audience seemed to be into it.

Shows like this are very welcome in our home. It is too bad that we don't see reruns of shows like Night Music which aired on CBC in the mid 1990s. The show was hosted by David Sanborn and featured a broad mix of jazz music styles.

#6 ·
Are any of you old enough to remember Peter Frampton when he was in Humble Pie? He shared vocals with Steve Marriot who had a great voice. I saw them once in 1970 or perhaps 1971. Humble Pie was more hard rock than Frampton's solo work. They were the opening act for Ten Years After on that tour.
Sorry for being off topic HiDefBob, but whenever I see anything about Frampton I think back to that concert a long time ago.

#7 ·
Completely with you lars. Humble Pie was Frampton's best work. And seeing Alvin Lee live must have totally cool.

I watched a bit of it and, as always, Soundstage is a first rate production. I kind of wish they would up their game on the artist front though. They seem a little too rooted in the past and not enough in today. Wouldn't it kill to see Green Day or Kenny Wayne Sheppard?

Of all this season's shows, the one I am really looking forward to is the New York Dolls.

#8 ·
Yup Alvin Lee was the fastest gun for a while. Ten Years After live was great. Saw them a couple of times.
I agree, Kenny Wayne Shepherd would be a good choice for Soundstage. He has a new cd. It's called "10 days Out". There are lots of old school blues special guests on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.