Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

FibreOP Remote App

19K views 71 replies 28 participants last post by  Beckler 
#1 ·
#3 ·
pairing was easy to do (must pair each receiver you have separately) it seems a little slow loading the guide and responding to commands but that could just be my tablet (hp touch pad running android..yep I got one of those in the fire sale) Will try with my Samsung Galaxy later and will try setting a recording away from home.

#5 ·
#6 ·
I have my Asus router DMZed on the Actiontec, so it did not work first, so I reactivted the WiFi on the actiontec just to check this out.

Running on a new quad core Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 it is as slow as molasses. I had a good link and speed test was good. I figured that it needed to download data but after scrolling up/down a few times I could see that it downloads the channels on the screen and has to download them again when you scroll up/down. The big advantage is that you can filter subscribed channels, but it is too slow to be even useable. iOS may be better but my trusty IPad 1 is not supported.

Waiting to see what others say but for now Samsung WatchOn, iTV app, and the guide are good for me.

#7 ·
Wow, Max... I don't know what to tell you... I installed this yesterday on my Galaxy S3 and it's fast. Like, really fast! It doesn't seem to matter if I'm on WiFi or on HSPA mobile data...

The only thing that I've found to be missing is a STOP button when viewing a recorded show.

#14 ·
Tried it out this evening. I had to switch back to my Actiontec's wifi to do the pairing, and to do things like change TV channels from the app. (I still have the Actiontec running, so it was easy for me to do that.)

Scheduling PVR recordings works while not on the Actiontec wifi.

Works pretty well.

#15 ·
The only negative point I have for the app (not including the STOP button ;) ) is that running on my HTC One phone, it is very sloooooowwwww. It does however pair pretty easy and like that we can name whatever STB we have paired to any name we want.

I told my wife how good this would be if we were away and missed setting to record XYZ on whatever channel, that we could do it.

She's not techy like me, she understands basics but came up with a good question to which I had no answer. What if I change my sim card while visiting the USA for example, would it still work?

I mean the phone is paired with HTC One but with Virgin sim card. If I put sim card XYZ in my phone, it isn't the same, no?

#24 ·
im just guessing but it probably finds the pvr FASTER when you have Wi-Fi turned on because your smart phone and the Bell Fibe PVR is on the same LAN, but when you turn off wifi and turn on 3G/4G, you are using another providers internet connection, thus it might know its not on the same LAN therefor it could take could take longer to connect?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.