Home Theatre Seating - Page 10 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Where Can I buy and general buying discussions

Old 2009-03-04, 11:36 AM   #136
jccamp95

Location: Penticton, BC, SC 505 HD, Westinghouse 32" HD LCD Widescreen, Yamaha RVX3800, eleganza 5.1 speakers

Ok so I finally have gotten the theater room all set up with the cheap London Drugs Theater seating. All in all they are rather comfortable. I might not want to sit in them for the entire day, but to watch a movie a night...no issue at all.
Assembly was easy, the leather feels nice, the reclining works the way its supposed to, etc.

So for the $600 bucks, as a entry level theater seat, you can not go wrong.
Advertisement

Old 2009-03-04, 01:58 PM   #137
TECHNOKID
Veteran

Quote:
All in all they are rather comfortable. I
Nice to hear as with the price tag and the good looks you can not go wrong with that as long as like you say they are confortable. The only thing, at that price I figure it would leatherette (imitation) ratter than actual leather and they will more likely not last 20 years (who knows, could be surprised??) like higher quality furniture. Anyway, as I said you can not go wrong at that price, congratulation!

Cheers!
RenÚ
Old 2009-03-05, 07:40 AM   #138
WestCDA

Quote:
at that price I figure it would leatherette (imitation) ratter than actual leather
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the LD unit has a combination of leather (contact surfaces) and colour matched PVC. The leather is not top-grain, but the more heavily textured leather that's generally found on lower cost furniture pieces. I don't think the leather wearing out would be my concern, but for casual HT use it's pretty good value for 600.00.