blackberry 8703e/telus ability - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Telus > Telus Mobility and Koodo Wireless

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2008-02-15, 11:35 PM   #1
fledge
Rookie

Default blackberry 8703e/telus ability

http://www.telusmobility.com/on/pcs/...ry_8703e.shtml hello people,i was pleased when my bro directed me to this site because im considering the telus 3yr contract with the blackberry 8703e

i dont have a real great need for surfing the net but i really could meet all my communication needs with the unlimited e-mail but more importanly the instant message feature

my questions are quite simple ,,I have read that i can use this device as you would a connect card or modeum if you will but im wondering if i can use my laptop as i would at home for the instant message feature without internet surfing ?? is the instant messaging similiar or limited? no pics etc

perhaps im better to explain my needs and tell me yes or no if this device will do

i text message my 14 yr old son only meaning we only talk threw text! its cheap and we like it!! [it also keeps my ;x; from blabing all my airtime away!!lol

i want to be able to us my ubs port on my laptop to run ;windows live' so my teenager could stay intouch/make plans with his contacts while at or trailer

im pretty set on telus because many other providers have poor performance in the trailer park unlike telus.

thanks fledge