Shaw Cable Free Channel Previews - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2013-07-04, 04:57 PM   #61
Acer77

I recently cancelled Discovery World HD due to too many repeats and way too many commercial breaks. I have been watching Investigation Discovery on free preview and it to is almost unwatchable due to commercial breaks of as many as 10 each hour. I guess in a 1 hour show you get about 33 minutes of program and the rest is commercials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2013-07-04, 05:53 PM   #62
GamerGuy

Yup. That's why I record everything but CBC NN so I can skip(3 minutes)/FFW through all that crap.

I hate that I pay good money to have these companies annoy me. I really hate commercials. Maybe Shaw should get the advertiser to pay for my cable? Yeah, right. Maybe the advertisers should pay me? Wishful thinking. I pay Shaw, they pay Shaw, yet we(I?) are the ones that suffer while Shaw folks get rich. Must be nice /pet peeve rant
Old 2013-07-04, 07:12 PM   #63
MetroVan

swan_ch, I'm also getting E!, even though (as you've stated) it's not included with base Personal TV. IIRC, I've always received that channel. For sure, it's another "slip through the cracks" thingy.

Actually, I used to get a lot of SD channels that aren't included with base Personal TV, but they've been slowly whittled away as Shaw has woken up, until now there's just E! left--as well as the resurrected Cosmo TV, if that's indeed an oops on Shaw's part.

Funny thing is, Cosmo TV also recently popped up in my channel listings in the i.TV app that I'm using, even though I had long ago removed it from the listings. There's something funky going on with that channel, but who knows what.
Old 2013-07-16, 05:04 PM   #64
swan_ch

According to Shaw, some channels had expanded their Free Preview: (check your EPG for the actual channel number in your area, * : MPEG-4 channel)
88 - E! (expiry date unknown)
172 - Investigation Discovery (possibly until July 31)
242 - Discovery World HD (until July 31)
253* - Lifetime HD (was until July 16, NOW UNTIL JULY 23)
254* - Slice HD (was until July 16, NOW UNTIL JULY 30)

http://www.shaw.ca/television/news-and-free-previews/

Other Channel that will expired their free preview in a few days:
240* - H2 HD (until July 16)
247* - eqhd (was until July 4,but some report it's still watchable last week)
248* - radX (was until July 4,but some report it's still watchable last week)
249* - HI-FI (was until July 4,but some report it's still watchable last week)
Old 2013-07-18, 09:51 PM   #65
Sparkster

As I write this, eqhd, radX,and HI-FI are still watchable (free preview) here in Victoria.
Old 2013-07-19, 01:35 AM   #66
swan_ch

Although Shaw did show both Lifetime and Slice had extra time on free preview few days ago, both H2, Lifetime and Slice had actually ended their free Preview on 16 July and shaw had deleted the news about extra time on free previewing Lifetime and Slice.

And Yes, eqhd, radX and HI-FI is still on free preview (in Vancouver) on July 18, 10:30pm PST.
Old 2013-08-16, 02:33 AM   #67
Hotwax

Teletoon is on free preview until September 30th.
Old 2013-08-28, 05:23 AM   #68
swan_ch

DTOUR(former known as TVtropolis) is on free preview until September 30.
On the other hand, the free preview of Investigation Discovery had ended last week.
Old 2013-09-02, 03:17 PM   #69
TheDude009
Rookie

that's it for September? teletoon and Dtour?
Old 2013-09-02, 03:59 PM   #70
meshmellow

Angry The new TV season is upon us. Where are the HD channels Shaw is missing?

They are exhausted. They recently boasted the biggest launch of channels in Canadian television history. That's what they claimed. Oh, but that was their satellite division and it was mostly channels that other providers had offered for at least a year! And, now many of those channels haven't been included in their cable distribution. Pathetic, in my opinion.
Old 2013-09-03, 04:15 PM   #71
Jason316

The chanels i want are W HD, E HD, WSBK HD, WPIX HD, PEACH HD, KTLA HD, MUCH HD, CBC NW HD. Bell has those. I have Bell in the living room and shaw in the family and den rooms and i would get rid of bell if they had 5 of those 8 channels.
Old 2013-09-04, 01:26 AM   #72
worldboy79

Are eqhd, radX and HI-FI still on free preview as of Sept 4th? The reason I ask is that I can get these stations on my DCX-3400 upstairs, yet on my DCX-3510 box downstairs I only get the HI-FI channel and not the other two (The DCX-3510 is the PVR where the guide only shows channels that you are currently subscribing to). I would complain to Shaw but won't bother if these channels are coming off free preview soon anyway.
Old 2013-09-04, 05:48 PM   #73
dtrain

Default Hollywood Suite ... any idea?

It's probably a little early to speculate, but does anyone know if Hollywood Suite will be on a free preview when it arrives on Sept. 17th?
I am sure I'll get the $6 package for 4 HD uncut, no-commercial movie channels ... and I have had a look at their schedule and movie offerings ... but a free preview could confirm this is something I need!
Old 2013-09-04, 05:59 PM   #74
Shaw Champ

Location: AB. LG47"LE5500/Toshiba 32E200U /BDC6500/ Shaw Gateway

^ As far as I am aware there will be no preview offered.
Old 2013-09-04, 06:15 PM   #75
magnet

With no preview... you can buy, try and cancel.
Unlike non-movie channels, you can look at Rotten Tomatoes.com and determine if you like the movie selection listed in the guide.
http://hollywoodsuite.ca/schedule