|2012-05-26, 06:49 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2007
itunes will not open
this is the message i get when i try to open itunes. i have tried to open in admin mode with the same message. i am running windows 7.
the i tunes application could not be opened. you do not have enough access privilages for this operation.
or i get the agree to terms page and and when i click ok it just closes.
can anybody help me out its very frustrating not being able to use my ipod or update my i pad.
|2012-05-26, 07:27 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: DDO, Videotron, Cisco 8642HD
I personnaly had to stick with iTunes 10.4, as the newer versions are beeing reported as virus or such by my windows XP installation (not by some third party virus scanner, but XP itself)... My second generation iPod can't get iOS 5, iCloud and such, so I'm not really missing anything.
|2012-05-27, 04:22 PM||#3|
Join Date: May 2011
Fonceur, damned with itunes. Since we're all stuck with iTunes for device maintenance, I'd recomment doing the following. There's no reason to invoke elevated admin rights to run this thing!!! Try this out (for Windows 7 at least) making sure no Apple device is connected.
(0) Go to Task Manager and stop any Apple service, iTunes Helper, Quicktime, etc.
(1) Uninstall iTunes
(2) Uninstall Bonjour (i hate this thing)
(3) Uninstall Apple Support software
(4) Uninstall TuneUp or any plugin you might have installed to either interact with iTunes or use to copy files from the iphone.
(5) Clear your registry of any iTunes/Apple entries. You either do this one by hand if you're good with regedit or use CCleanr in advance mode to clean as many entries at it will find.
(6) Restart your computer.
(7) Go to Apple and run the Apple iTunes installer. Your antivirus might recognize iTunes as trojan (I know mine does). Either turn off antivirus during install or else, make sure to allow it.
Sorry but that's the extent of what I recently had to do to get things back to work.
Going digital with a pair of CM4228a pointing due south fed into a Winegard SD-3700 antenna coupler @220 ft