|2012-05-25, 08:05 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vernon, BC
VOD Software Update 2.5
Note: This update only applies to Motorola hardware
• Rollout of the software will start May 29, 2012
• Effects DCT700, 2500 and Advanced Moto DCTs (5100/6200/6208/6412/6416/3416/3080)Enhancements:
• Customers will now have quick access during video playback to information about the current VOD movie or TV show that they are watching
• Pressing the INFO button twice during playback temporarily reduces the size of the video and moves it to the top right hand corner of the screen.
• Extended information includes: synopsis, cast, rating, and other information.
• The EXIT button on the remote can now be used to dismiss on screen prompts.
• Left/Right arrows will now allow customers to ‘jump’ columns when navigating the store.
• PVR’s will now automatically swap tuners to launch On Demand if the current tuner is recording content.Coming Soon:
• Search by: Title, Actor, Director or Keyword
• Able to search entire VOD library from set-top much like Exo.Shaw.ca
• By using the “FAV” key on the remote, a customer can add search results to their wishlist
• Requires a minimum of 3 characters to be typed inIf you find your digital box has hung up after the update a power cycle will be needed to complete the upgrade process. This is the FIRST troubleshooting step to take, followed by the usual channels.
Let me know if you guys have any further questions and I’ll do my best to answer them for you.
Sean - Shaw Community Manager
Official Shaw Employee on Digital Home