Range Hood - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Not the Digital Home > Home Fix-up including Appliances, HVAC and Power Tools

Old 2012-05-10, 10:07 PM   #1
Zrock

Default Range Hood

When i first turn on my range hood the motor spins slowly and then after about 2 min it will finely get up to full speed. It seems to be getting worse over time. Its a new unit never installed but i bought used so im assuming warranty does not even apply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-11, 12:11 AM   #2

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

I'm assuming that the unit wasn't used for a while (years?). If so, the lubricant in the motor is probably viscous (old and thick) and as it heats up it becomes less viscous allowing the motor to spin more freely. The lubricant may also not be lubing as well as when it was new - or has migrated to places it doesn't do any good, hence it's getting worse. Please advise make, model, year of manufacture, etc. You may need a new motor, or perhaps the fan impeller is the issue - same story about the lubricant if it's the impeller (bearings) that are the source of the problem.
Old 2012-05-11, 10:02 AM   #3
Zrock

It is a Moffat TV337N1BBC. Manufactured in Nov 2010. Your probably right about the lube being a little stiff. Guess ill pull it out tonight and clean it up and try to re lube it and go from their.