Survival Sunday - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On In Sports?

Old 2012-04-29, 08:31 AM   #1
scouser

Default Survival Sunday

For those who have access to the Fox network in the US they are showing nine of the final ten games of the premier league season live (ESPN will have one game) utilizing their regular soccer outlets plus FX, SPEED, FSN, FUEL TV, etc. I am not going to be negative but I wonder how it will be shown here in Canada?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-29, 12:17 PM   #2
ticky

Probably the same as it is every week unfortunately... unless Sportsnet decide to put a different match on all six of it's channels.
Old 2012-04-29, 12:42 PM   #3
doglips

Unhappy

Right now according to http://footballtvcanada.blogspot.ca/ only these games are scheduled:

Newcastle v Manchester City
8:30am E.T. - 5:30am P.T.Sportsnet Live

Manchester United v Swansea City
11:00am E.T. - 8:00am P.T.Sportsnet Live
Old 2012-04-29, 03:56 PM   #4
Torontoblue

I'm guessing they'll wait and see how the games & results pan out this week and next weekend. It's no good showing 9 of 10 games if everything is decided the previous weekend. I do remember a few seasons back that Sportsnet played different games on 2 of their channels; East & West I believe. So, we could actually have SportsnetWorld, Sportsnet (East, West, Pacific, Ontario, One) TSN & TSN2 if they are inclined; so that's 8 possible games.
Old 2012-04-29, 07:51 PM   #5
NB Josh
Veteran

Doglips, next weekend isn't the final weekend of the season. Those are just bonus games on Sportsnet.

TSN only has rights to 1 game, and that's for TSN2. The same as whatever ESPN2 shows in the US.

It will probably be 1 game on each of TSN2, Sportsnet World, Sportsnet and Sportsnet One. That's a total of 4 live games.

The games that will probably be on are Sunderland vs. Man United, Man City vs. QPR, Chelsea vs. Blackburn and Spurs vs. Fulham if I had to guess. Everton vs. Newcastle will probably mean something too.

All of the teams playing for the 4th Champions League birth have games this mid-week. The results of those could clear the picture up a bit.
Old 2012-04-29, 10:42 PM   #6
doglips

Red face

Oops my mistake, thanks for the correct info.
Old 2012-05-04, 01:59 PM   #7
Torontoblue

So, it's been announced that there will be 5 games live a week Sunday; 13th May. Channels are TSN2, Sportsnet, Sportsnet One, Sportsnet World & SPEED.
Old 2012-05-04, 02:16 PM   #8
NB Josh
Veteran

Where has it been announced that Speed's broadcast will be available in Canada? If I had to bet, I think it will be blacked out.
Old 2012-05-04, 02:28 PM   #9
Torontoblue

Picked it up from here, footballtvcanada.blogspot.ca.
Old 2012-05-04, 02:35 PM   #10
NB Josh
Veteran

Until I see it confirmed elsewhere, I won't believe it. If Sportsnet blacks out NFL games on NFL Network, surely they will do the same here.
Old 2012-05-06, 11:14 AM   #11
Andrew1

Today the regular Sportsnet channels, not just SportsWorld, are showing the Man United v Swansea match. That's unusual for the 11am Sunday match.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:49 PM   #12
PFD

Another reason to ditch the channel formerly known as Setanta, perhaps.
Old 2012-05-06, 03:09 PM   #13
jimemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1 View Post
Today the regular Sportsnet channels, not just SportsWorld, are showing the Man United v Swansea match. That's unusual for the 11am Sunday match.
sportsnet also showed the newcastle-city match. my guess for them showing these two matches today is because there was only one league game played yesterday (which tsn2 aired) due to the fa cup
Old 2012-05-07, 03:48 PM   #14
Obed

Default NOT Survival Sunday

It seems the folks at Rogers just don't understand the passion and excitement of relegation and promotion and have no concept of survival Sunday! Surely Craig Forrest could give them the benefit of his experience.

Of the teams embroiled in the drama of relegation only QPR are being shown live (on TSN2) by virtue of playing what ESPN see as the Champions elect. No live coverage at all of Bolton or Wigan! Not to worry as the already qualified for Europa League Liverpool take on Swansea live on SPEED! What is the point of that!?

As part of and parcel of the price for Sportsnet World its time they put together an all game live Premier League package on the PPV channels.
Old 2012-05-07, 03:57 PM   #15
Torontoblue

OBED, things may very well change depending on the result of the Blackburn v Wigan game tonight.

I can't for the live of me see why the meaningless Liverpoo game is being shown, purely for the fact that it is Liverpoo "the Greatest football team in the World". This may also change before games are shown on Sunday. Seems strange given the fact that Newcastle still have a chance of 3rd, and that game isn't on this early schedule.