Integra DTR 5.6 questions - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner > A/V Receivers and Amplifiers

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2012-05-02, 12:35 PM   #1
Leeboy

Default Integra DTR 5.6 questions

Hey everyone. I have a couple questions about my receiver and set up. I received this receiver in trade for some labor work. ( it was new)

1. What do you guys think of this receiver?

2. How important is the size of speaker cable and input/output cables? ( my surrounds dont have very thick cable)

3. Seems i cant get alot of sound out of the rear surround speakers ( small paradigm's) even when they are maxed out at 12. I have tried all my surround settings as well. My neighbor has a Onkyo that seems very similar to mine, and we watch the hockey game at his place and it has nice deep sound with great crowd noise coming from the rears. Set on "PLX Music " . When mine is set on the same surround setting, all i get is loud noise from the fronts and center, and little from the surround speakers. Could it have something to do with him running HDMI and myself running plain red/white audio cables? We both have Bell HD Sat receivers( mine is newer).( Is there a setting on the Express vu i messed up?)

Any help or advice to point me in the right direction would be very helpful. Thanks alot.
Leeboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-04, 11:07 AM   #2
Leeboy

I found the microphone that came with it for set up, i will give it a shot this evening and see if it sounds better
Leeboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-09-21, 07:29 PM   #3
johnb1

Default a little Integra help

I suppose this has already been covered here.....

It's a nice reciever (then again, my current one is about 16 years old)

speaker cable size is kinda important. Think of it like the plumbing in your house. if your pipes are small, you won't get water as much or as fast as you want it. As for input/output cables, well, decent ones, I guess. I can't say--they either work, or not.

as for #3-yes..you're getting warmer. If all you use is red and white, then you'll get stereo. If you use HDMI/optical/coaxial, then you will get multichannel sound. You may have to enable it on the Bell HD Sat reciever you have, and get another cable (sigh)

JB
johnb1 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.