converting from sd card to dvd - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Portable Electronics: Digital Cameras, Camcorders, ebook Readers, iPods, MP3 Players and GPS

Old 2012-05-03, 04:29 PM   #1
swampdogger
Rookie

Default converting from sd card to dvd

Hi, i came back from mexico and had used my Canon Power Shot camera to film , i finally got it on DVD to work on my Blue Ray recorder , but it will not work on a regular dvd player. I was wondering if there is a program that will convert it for me , preferably free, Thank's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-17, 01:37 PM   #2
Cockroach

Might be stating the obvious but does your DVD player play DVD+/-R and if so, did you record on the appropriate +R or -R discs?
Old 2012-05-17, 02:18 PM   #3
Footballer

You may also have to finalize the disk. If it is not finalized it will play in the original recorder but not in any other machine.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:48 PM   #4
roger1818
Veteran

Location: Ottawa (Stittsville), ON, OTA (DB4e & VHF-HI folded dipole, AP-2870 pre-amp in Attic), MythTV HTPC

Are you just putting JPEGs on your DVD? If so, not all DVD players will play that type of disk. To be fully compatible, you will need to create a slideshow DVD. I believe Picasa will do this for you.
Old 2012-05-29, 05:24 PM   #5
willw

Was it video you shot on your Canon? and if so, is it HD video that this camera shoots?

Then if all is true then that would explain why he can not play HD video on his non-HD DVD player.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:53 AM   #6
roger1818
Veteran

Location: Ottawa (Stittsville), ON, OTA (DB4e & VHF-HI folded dipole, AP-2870 pre-amp in Attic), MythTV HTPC

^^^True. I was thinking stills. In this case most modern DVD authoring software will down-convert to SD when you burn a standard DVD.