YSP-4100 mounting - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner

Old 2012-05-03, 12:36 PM   #1
Dave_M
Rookie

Default YSP-4100 mounting

We just moved into a new house where my tv will be mounted above the fireplace. I have a Yamaha YSP-4100 as well (new). I had intended the YSP to sit on the mantle and the tv mount above it. That puts the tv a bit high. I considered mounting the YSP above the tv but wonder if that would affect the sound at all. My question is, if I can't have everything in the optimal position which is the best of the two situations, tv mounted about 10" too high or the soundbar mounted above the tv. I'm not real familiar with soundbars, does mounting height matter (I assume it does)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-03, 12:54 PM   #2
Khorn

Don't mount the TV too high (if LCD, picture degradation from off angle) unless you want a breakout of sore necks and uncomfortable watching at your place. The sound should be ok but if you want, double check with Yamaha.
Old 2012-05-03, 01:10 PM   #3
ChannelMaster

Dave, I have the YSP 3000 and all I can say is that sound, especially the center channel, are extremely directional so don't mount that too high unless you can incline the speaker enclosure a good 30-40 degrees (speaking from average fireplace and TV heights). Otherwise, you'll be quite disapointed.