Sorting out the channels on the guide - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2012-04-29, 05:02 PM   #1
Gary320

Default Sorting out the channels on the guide

I apologize if there is already a similar post.

So I just got Bell Fibe last night and I'm aware that the only way to have the guide show channels that you have, you have to customize the guide your self.

However, here is the issue.. I have about 5 receivers in the house.. and going through 600 channels on each receiver is a bit long and annoying, is there a faster way to go through this process? Is there anyway to share a guide through the receivers or another easier way to have the guide show only channels you have for all the receivers.. or is the only way by customizing each guide on each receiver.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-02, 10:02 AM   #2
nitra

Nope, Manual is your only option.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:46 PM   #3
John769

And it's a never ending process. Periodically Bell will add new channels and will of course put them in what I call the Total Guide. And the new channels will be marked as selected in everyone's Personalized Guide, even if all you see is "You are not subscribed to this channel".

So you'll need to go in to each receiver and work through all the channels to deselect these Bell additions...
Old 2012-05-02, 01:48 PM   #4
SunnySide
Rookie

It really is a never ending process.
Old 2012-05-02, 02:32 PM   #5
Gogie

And you always have to start at the beginning and work your way through all of the channels. For example, if you want to uncheck channel 1400 you have to start from the very beginning of the channel numbers and slowly page your way up to 1400. You can't just enter 1400 and jump to that channel (as you can for the guide itself).
Old 2012-05-03, 09:16 AM   #6
daveharr

Agreed, this is absolutely the worst aspect of Fibe's software.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:20 AM   #7
Gary320

The sad part is that this issue is so dated. The technology is there for you to choose between all or subscribed channels.. Unless Fibe has it's limitations. I really don't see why they back tracked with the guide.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:56 AM   #8
Dr.Dave

Gary320, Fibe TV runs on Microsoft Mediaroom which doesn't have the capability of switching between all or subscribed channels. If your "back tracked" comment refers to Bell satellite, that runs on the Echostar platform that was developed for Dish Satellite in the U.S. and has no relationship to Fibe TV.

Gogie, I agree that entering the channel number would be an easy software change. The best workaround I found is to hold down the page-down button which zips through the channel list much faster.
Old 2012-05-06, 04:20 PM   #9
SunnySide
Rookie

What about seeing the scheduled programming of a channel that is unchecked, is that possible?? After unchecking the channels I am not subscribed to, what if I want to see one of those channel's programming to see if I like the shows they have and maybe subscribe to it one day..is my only solution to go back to check it so it appears in my guide??
Old 2012-05-06, 04:47 PM   #10
Dr.Dave

Quote:
is my only solution to go back to check it so it appears in my guide??
That's right. I use Zap2it.com, which uses the same guide data as Mediaroom, for things that are easier to do on a PC.