Shaw Direct 2012 New Channels Discussion - Page 12 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice)

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-30, 11:05 AM   #166
cableredneck

I noticed that too. We just added the Seattle channels (In HD) to our package, and I noticed that PBS is not part of it. It does, however, exist in SD (we don't get the western feed in SD). I don't know why this is. The Eastern feeds are in HD and SD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-01, 04:10 AM   #167
TheHans

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit View Post
Space is part of DILite so I suppose Space HD also.If not it should be part of HD Extra as it's replacing HDNet.Not sure ,as I have HD Extra on top of DILite.

PS - Just double checked.Space HD is free with Space subscription (which is part of DILite).
Interesting -- I went to watch "Star Trek" at 1am on Space HD on May 1 and now it says I'm not subscribed. I guess maybe the freeview is over. I have Digitial Indulgence Lite. So I guess getting Space HD isn't so easy as having DI Lite. How disappointing! It's the only new channel they've added in a couple of years that I cared about...

It's funny -- at about 1:30am Space HD came back for about five minutes, then it went away again. Back to "Star Trek" in SD...
Old 2012-05-01, 06:20 AM   #168
GaryE
Veteran

According to the Shaw Direct website you should still be getting Space HD with their No Extra Cost HD package. Give them a call.
Old 2012-05-01, 11:13 AM   #169
cableredneck

Interesting. We have Digital Indulgence Lite and I have a printed out channel line-up that indicates that Space HD is part or our package. We are getting Space HD, but it is still indicating a freeview. I checked a few minutes ago. Also, we still have the DIY freeview. We are in Southern Ontario.
Old 2012-05-01, 01:32 PM   #170
TheHans

It's true! It came back and now we have it again. Maybe Shaw Direct was messing with me because they thought I was a Trekkie. :-)
Old 2012-05-02, 10:41 AM   #171
AbbyJane
Rookie

Anybody have news on whether or not SD will be carrying Nat Geo Wild when it launches next week? It's owned by Shaw Media so it should be but.... Transponder space might be an issue...
Old 2012-05-02, 11:27 AM   #172
bubbaspeed

According to the SD Facebook page, they will be carrying Nat Geo Wild from launch on Monday... no word if it will be available in HD or what channel(s) it will be located at...
Old 2012-05-02, 05:09 PM   #173
Sirius Guy

Channel numbers: Standard-defintion: 552/189; HD: 253/337 (Classic/Advanced) Nat Geo Wild will be available on free preview May 7 – June 30
Old 2012-05-02, 05:42 PM   #174
bigoranget
Veteran

I'd be curious to know if Nat Geo Wild HD will be an MPEG-2 HD or an MPEG-4 HD channel. Shaw Broadcast/Shaw Direct is planning to launch several signals on Anik F1R this summer as a test before the launch of Anik G1 in the fall.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:44 PM   #175
NovaMan

Free previews for May include, Action, iChannel, The Pet Network, Travel and Escape, and Spark.

All the information including channel numbers can be found here:

http://www.shawdirect.ca/english/wha...2BLearn%2BMore.
Old 2012-05-06, 06:01 PM   #176
johnnucleo

Anyone else have Space HD but it's showing as 'unsubscribed' in the guide?
Old 2012-05-06, 07:29 PM   #177
noah12
DHC Supporter

Yes I did, re-sent a hit, from the web site and now it shows subscribed.
Old 2012-05-07, 07:34 AM   #178
madhi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
I'd be curious to know if Nat Geo Wild HD will be an MPEG-2 HD or an MPEG-4 HD channel. Shaw Broadcast/Shaw Direct is planning to launch several signals on Anik F1R this summer as a test before the launch of Anik G1 in the fall.
My 501 does not get it in HD but my 601 does so I can confirm that at least the HD version is in MPEG-4
Old 2012-05-07, 11:44 PM   #179
johnnucleo

So the receiver refresh didn't work for me so I emailed them and someone called me a couple hours later to say they did something on their end and Space HD was showing on guide. But now new problem. Nat Geo Wild is not showing as active on guide. Emailed them again but they emailed back this time saying I'd have to call in and get a tech to walk me through doing a guide refresh. Anyone know how to do this so I don't have to call in and wait?
Old 2012-05-08, 12:50 AM   #180
madhi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnucleo View Post
So the receiver refresh didn't work for me so I emailed them and someone called me a couple hours later to say they did something on their end and Space HD was showing on guide. But now new problem. Nat Geo Wild is not showing as active on guide. Emailed them again but they emailed back this time saying I'd have to call in and get a tech to walk me through doing a guide refresh. Anyone know how to do this so I don't have to call in and wait?
I think you can do it on the self serve website. Never used self serve so I can't confirm. Calling them should not be all that hard you just need the time and always pick the call back option it better than standing on the line. I usually make those call just before watching something live like a hockey game because I know I be home long enough to answer the call back. Don't worry on average it around twenty minutes give or take five.
Closed Thread

Tags
new channels, satellite tv, shaw direct