Review: Kennedy Hi-Fi - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Retailer Reviews > Greater Toronto Area Retailers

View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with this retailer?
Extremely Satisfied 8 72.73%
Somewhat Satisfied 0 0%
Somewhat Dissatisfied 1 9.09%
Extremely Dissatisfied 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-27, 01:13 PM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default Review: Kennedy Hi-Fi

The purpose of this thread is for Digital Home members to review and relay their experience buying consumers electronics at Kennedy Hi-Fi.

This thread is strictly for reviews and is not for discussion. If you have any questions about what belongs in this thread, then please this thread prior to posting.

When you post, please try to include the following information:
  • What product or service you purchased.
  • Approximate timeframe you ordered the product
  • What location you dealt with if it’s a company with many stores or service locations
  • Your overall level of satisfaction
  • If you had a positive experience, please explain what made it such a positive experience.
  • If you had a negative experience, please read our guidelines below.

Guidelines for Posting Negative Reviews

The truth is no retailer or service provider is perfect and occasionally even the best companies can disappoint. Our experience is that good companies have problems but they typically make every reasonable effort to resolve problems.

If you had a problem and are posting a negative review, then please note what efforts you made to resolve the problem and the feedback you received. If you think the efforts to resolve the problem were NOT reasonable then please explain why. Saying you phoned up and talked to some idiot, suggests the problem may lie with the consumer and NOT the company!

No posting URLS or Directs to Competitors will be deleted

Posts containing URL's to competitors or posts saying gee you should have shopped at this retailer will be considered spam and deleted.

We want opinions, NOT sales pitches or spam!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2008-02-14, 10:51 AM   #2
Tu Kewl

I bought 5 Energy RC Mini's and an Energy sub from Rahim last summer. I went in the store with a particular budget to spend. I told him the budget and he suggested two sets of speakers that were in this price range. Not once did he try to upsell me to more expensive speakers that I didn't need, and after listening to my situation he guaranteed this would be enough for me. Not only that, I was talking with him for about 2 hours, asking him lots of questions and getting him to demo everything for me, seeing if I can 'hear any differences' between different products.

When I finally made my decision, he quoted me a price that was well below what you would buy this set from Future Shop for (RC Mini's are $250 per speaker), and he threw in enough 14 guage speaker wire to put everything together. The best part was, his line was "after we decide what set of speakers you want, we'll talk price, and then we'll talk discount". I'm not a very aggressive consumer in terms of finding deals, so to have him come out and say discount (because we all know places will give discounts if you pressure them enough) without me having to ask was refreshing.

He never tried to sell me any accessories or fancy jazzy things (like Monster proudcts ) and then I came back a few months later to buy some speaker stands and he gave me deals on them as well.

This is by far the best experience I have ever had buying relatively expensive items. The store is relatively small, so I think they rely heavily on customer service and word of mouth, and they do an excellent job there.
Old 2008-02-19, 10:23 AM   #3
marsilians

I bought my Yamaha receiver RX-V657 from Kennedy Hi-Fi 2 yrs ago. They let me audition a number of receivers including Denon over few weeks. They were always accomodating to my requests. When I decided, he did give me 50 off of the price as it as the last unit in stock. I am very happy with the purchase and recommendation. I have since recommended 3 of my friends to give them a try.
Old 2009-08-02, 12:55 PM   #4
Amir HS
Rookie

Default Rock Solid Service for good products

I visit the store regularly to see what's new. I have bought a set of Energy loud speakers (when they were still selling them) and recently a Pioneer Elite receiver. They are patient, and always try to sell what you need and within the budget you tell them.
Old 2012-05-02, 02:59 PM   #5
kiwireviewer
Rookie

Thumbs down Horrible service

CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS WORST!
Cant even run a simple business.
We order speakers through them and they ASSURED us they would be in by a certain date as I would be commuting to pick them up. I arrived on that day to find out that they had no clue what I was talking about because the guy who took the order didnt ACTUALLY put it through!!!
So when they finally got them ordered we take them home to find out they are faulty (not their fault i know) but when we take them back to be exchanged they ASSURED us again they would call AS SOON as they came in. When we didnt hear from them we called to find out they were just sitting there.
I thought these so-called techy guys could at least use a computer to submit an order and a phone to let you know they were there! really pathetic. DONT SHOP HERE!
Old 2014-07-08, 11:21 AM   #6
Sal O
Rookie

This business is great! I found the employees to be helpful, especially when they came to help with the installation of my product.
Old 2014-07-08, 11:29 AM   #7
dom132
Rookie

Just bought a set of FOCAL CHORUS 714 from these guys and I was extremely satisfied with the service. Very knowledgeable staff, great guys and just a very comfortable shopping experience.

Tags
kennedy hifi, retailer, review