Max Payne 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > Video Game Consoles and PC Gaming

Old 2012-04-29, 06:38 PM   #1
eimaj

Default Max payne 3!!!

I can not wait until May 15th!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2UYToJyZaU
Advertisement

Old 2012-05-06, 09:18 PM   #2
asif9t9
Veteran

The original Max Payne was one of my favourite games ever. MP2 a little less so. But since GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption, I feel like any Rockstar game will be plenty worth it. Especially a title like Max Payne. Just hope it lives up to the hype.
asif9t9 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-15, 08:29 AM   #3
asif9t9
Veteran

Default Max Payne 3

Anyone going to check this out? I've read some good reviews so far.
Old 2012-05-15, 11:22 AM   #4
Dioneo
Veteran

I never played the earlier titles. Maybe the name turned me off...

I've seen the good reviews for this one. I might pick it up sometime, but I haven't even got The Witcher 2 yet...
Old 2012-05-15, 11:32 AM   #5
eimaj

Pre-ordered it from BB to get the pre-order bonus of the first dlc for free and 800 ($10) of BB points. Not to shabby I thought.

Initial reviews are positive, ign gave it a 9 and a few cnet reviewers said they enjoyed it but it boiled down to a shooter at its essence with little exploration, which is fine by me as I do like me some shooters.
Old 2012-05-15, 06:06 PM   #6
Thedude

The first Max Payne was my standard for excellence for many a year.
I truly hope this is a comeback edition for them.

Let us know what you think.
Thedude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-05-15, 09:31 PM   #7
asif9t9
Veteran

Yeah I remember the first one. I had no idea what to expect, but that game just sucked me in. I remember feeling like MP2 didn't meet my expectations. My first thought with Rockstar is they would change it up too much, but the reviews are intriguing. At "worst", it looks like an Uncharted game. I really like hearing that the shooting mechanic is top notch, which is what typically stinks in Rockstar games like GTA4 and Red Dead (never played LA Noire).
Old 2012-05-22, 01:26 PM   #8
eimaj

I finally got into this game last week and I could not stop playing until the advent of work the next day forced me into bed...

A truly fantastic cinematic experience! The mechanics of the game are spot on, the action is furious and the way the story is presented with seamless cut scene to gameplay transtions is remarkable. There have been a few times where I was caught off guard as to when the cut scene ended and the gameplay cut back in as the story had totally engrossed me.

Some of the cut scenes can lose a bit of the frame rate but nothing detracting from the whole experience. The only minor issue (for me anyway) is that it is very linear.

I have yet to try the multi-player as I want to finish the game first. Looks fun from the previews I've seen though.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of great, moody storytelling and top notch console graphics!
Old 2012-10-05, 03:48 PM   #9
UncleJohn

20 bucks at future shop this week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.