Fibe TV 2012 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-27, 11:51 AM   #46
MrWaxx
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
@FlameMoth,

the only way to change channels for Fibe A LA CARTE is by calling? If so, that's a step back from Videotron where you could do it online or on your receiver.
Yes, for now it's by calling in. However, I was told changing a la carte channels via mybell will be available in the future.

On a side note, it seems to me they are shifting a lot of channels around in various packages to see what sticks with customers and maximizes rev. I love how TSNHD is only available with an HD theme pack while RDSHD is in the a la carte section.

AMCHD is supposed to be added to a la carte in June (other thread) so all I need is CNNHD and TSNHD to be a happy customer. But I refuse to pay $5 / mth for 1 desired channel strictly out of principle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-27, 12:54 PM   #47
MrWaxx
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertz View Post
Thank you all for your answers, i guess this morning i'm less anxious to switch to Fibe.

I already have TSN boxed in 4:3 and I feel like i'm missing a third of the action. I will not pay to get it in HD, to me, it's a fraud.

Are you sure about the internet? Because in the legal offer they say (http://fibetv.bell.ca/fr/legal/) :

"Requiert un abonnement Ó Bell Internet Fibe (7, 10 ou 16+) ou Essentiel Plus."

My problem is that when I subscire to Bell Essentiel Plus the download limit was 20 GB. Since then Bell have drop the dowload limit to 5GB. I can't go back to 5GB and I can't afford Fibe 7. So I don't want them to touch at my Internet Package.
Are you in an area where they will be installing FTTH (Fibe to the home)? If yes I highly suggest you think about the current promotion here..

http://www.bell.ca/Bell_TV/Promotion...les_offers.tab

Make sure your location is set to Quebec, or the page will not show up.

From what I see, Bell Essentials Plus is 30.95 after 6 mth promo. For another $9 / mth you can have Fibe 50 (100 gig download limit). I know this is overkill for you but it's still cheaper than Fibe 7 @ $44.95. As long as you keep phone and tv service, your monthly price will remain at $39.95. And if by chance your internet usage increases in the future you won't have to worry about your limit. Just a suggestion...

As for TSNHD, I agree, it's a joke. That's why I settled for RDS.
Old 2012-05-08, 01:04 AM   #48
hercules130

Hi all,

I am currently on Videotron and going to move to Bell Fibe TV as it is now available in my building. I need clarification on Bell Fibe programming package.

I am interested in the 4 HD theme packs. The contents include TSN/TSN2, NBA TV, Sporstnet/1/Sens, ShowCase and TLC. All in HD, of course. The question then, do I still need to get those channels in SD through the a la carte? I do not really care about the SD channels in offer.

The reason I ask is because we simply can not do that in Videotron. We can not just choose the HD channels without the corresponding SD. In fact, the way we build the package in Videotron is only through the SD. If the SD has corresponding HD that is good, if not that is all they have.
Old 2012-05-08, 07:59 AM   #49
nitra

The only HD pack that requires you to have the SD version is the HD Sports with TSN/TSN2/NBA, the others you can take without the SD versions.
Old 2012-05-08, 09:00 AM   #50
hercules130

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post
The only HD pack that requires you to have the SD version is the HD Sports with TSN/TSN2/NBA, the others you can take without the SD versions.
Thank you. Does that mean by taking the HD Sports package I automatically need to sacrifice 2 spots in my a la carte? One for TSN/TSN2 and one for NBA TV? And can I opt out of NBA TV?
Old 2012-05-08, 09:20 AM   #51
Gary320

Yes, TSN and TSN 2 will be used on your A LA CARTE selection.
and yes you can opt out for NBA TV. I don't have it on my A LA CARTE or HD, because I choose not to, even if I have the HD Sports theme package.
Old 2012-05-08, 09:43 AM   #52
nitra

And to be more clear, TSN/TSN2/NBA are the only HD stations that require you to have the alternates in SD.
You can have every other HD Pack channel without the need for the SD versions.
Also, with TSN/TSN2, if you're in Quebec, you also get TSN Habs, which airs most of the games that are on RDS, but as English.
Old 2012-05-08, 10:17 AM   #53
Gary320

It's kinda weird that you have to pay more for the HD versions since Bell owns TSN. I see the reason behind it with Videotron, but Bell?

or is there another reason as to why?
Old 2012-05-08, 10:59 AM   #54
nitra

License fees up the chain, Bell needs to get the content on TSN from somewhere.
Old 2012-05-08, 11:40 AM   #55
Dr.Dave

Gary320, the CRTC instituted rules due to vertical integration that don't allow a company to give itself an unfair advantage (in theory anyways).
Old 2012-05-08, 11:50 AM   #56
Gary320

True and True. Thanks for the explanation. Unbelievable how helpful this forum is.
Old 2012-05-08, 06:06 PM   #57
Boavista

Default fibe tv+ Fibe 16+ New packages

On the bell site today i noticed they changed their fibe internet packages. Fibe 25 aka fibe 16+ now gives you 125 gb per month and 10mbps upload. The price is 59.95/month. I pay 64 a month for 75gb. I called to change to the new package and the csr says the system wont let him at this point in time. Quite disapointed to say the least. Any other fibe tv users try n upgrade to the new package? Let us know if you get it done successfully or not!

Check it out..
http://fibetv.bell.ca/en/internet/

http://www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Internet_access
Old 2012-05-08, 06:45 PM   #58
ratovan

Location: Montreal Videotron(8642,4642), Netflix, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360 x2, PS3

Do You currently have fiber to your home. It looks like the 5/1 and 15/10 are available to fttn customers, the other are ftth. Probably too much confusion about what fibe 16+ actually gives you. I may try an switch to 15/10, just to get the faster upload speed.
Old 2012-05-08, 07:15 PM   #59
Boavista

I get fttn but im on fibe 16+ now so i get 25mb when the tvs are off.. I dont see why we cant get the new fibe 25 since i get 25mb down and i used to get 7mb upload before they changed their internet packages last year. For the same price i pay now id get at least 7meg upload and 125gb/month instead of 75gb
Old 2012-05-09, 08:56 AM   #60
ycadieux
Rookie

Default Fibe TV with Essential Plus: Will I get faster internet speed ?

Hi,

I was recently told by a bell rep that I can get the Fibe TV with the Essential Plus internet package (still available from that rep but no longer on the website).

He said that because they need to wire my house with a 25mbps line for the TV, I will probably get better internet speed (around 6 mbps).

Is that possible ?
Closed Thread