Looking For Advice on Magic Jack or similar! - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > VoIP Providers

Old 2012-04-25, 01:14 PM   #1
Leeboy

Default Looking For Advice on Magic Jack or similar!

Hi, at this point in my life, i cant really afford to have a cell phone and a land line. I have a black berry pearl 3g with unlimited local calling. But, i would like a little canada/usa long distance calling, since alot of my family is out of town. Voice mail isnt important since everything goes through my blackberry for local calls. I dont really care what product i buy, i just dont know what is working good these days and price. Maybe there is even a app for blackberry similar to magic jack? Can someone point me in the right direction please and whats legit and whats not? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-26, 01:06 AM   #2
johnvan

The simplest solution would be to get a calling card. I use just dial.cafor long distance on mycell phone.
Old 2012-04-26, 09:16 AM   #3
Leeboy

Thanks for the reply. The reason i dont use a calling card, is sometimes my calls are lengthy , and im sure the card would get used up quick. I will take a look at "just dial"
Old 2012-04-26, 11:58 AM   #4
jayoldschool
Veteran

There is already a thread on Magic Jack. I use one, it is very reliable. I take it with me to Europe, and it saves me hundreds. Voice mails are emailed to you as a wav file.