need help using 630 with round dish - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice)

Old 2012-04-26, 12:24 AM   #1
hnic88
Rookie

Default need help using 630 with round dish

I am trying to use my 630 @ a weekend getaway location. I have set up a hotdish 90 to view standard def channels on F1. I receive a signal with my meter, but have nothing with the receiver aiming screen. Do I have to change settings in the hidden menu? Thought I may have a bad LNB(confirmed with several sources that lnb is correct). I spent hours trying to lock in without a trace of a signal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-26, 07:42 AM   #2
Danny001

You have to call shaw and get them to send a hit with a different code. \Should work after that. If you have a weekend getaway, you can let them know and sign up for the Home away from Home program and get a second shaw dish for that location.
Old 2012-04-26, 09:42 AM   #3
Sirius Guy

Option 49866 on remote will reset receiver to factory defaults, you then will be able to get a signal of ch299, once you get a signal lock call shaw and get them to change vcode to a round dish.
Will need to do same procedure when taking receiver back home, reset and call for a rehit.
Old 2012-04-27, 11:44 AM   #4
hnic88
Rookie

Thank you. So...V code is not changeable through sub menu (coding mode, symbol rate, multiplex options) ?
Old 2012-04-28, 10:33 AM   #5
Kartan

No, that's something you need to call Shaw for, and you need to have a good signal for the unit to get the Vcode