Mooseheads Coverage - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > EastLink

Old 2012-04-23, 04:02 PM   #1
Terra Nivium

Smile Mooseheads Coverage

I've been really impressed by the flexibility of Eastlink to negotiate last minute rights to secure coverage of the Halifax Mooseheads playoff run. There is going to be a further announcement tonight on Eastlink TV tonight at 7pm AT; which I expect is details of further coverage for the current series. As a big Mooseheads fan this value added content goes a long way to keeping me as a customer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-24, 09:06 AM   #2
smallmj

Looks like they've secured coverage of the next two games. I find it funny that we have to rely on our community cable channel to get access to sports games that can sell 10,000 tickets in Halifax.

Well good for Eastlink.

Am I right in thinking that the only money they make with these sports broadcasts is that some subscribers might move to Eastlink from Satellite/Fiber to get access to the broadcasts? The only ads seem to be PSA's. It seems a rather bold and possibly expensive way to keep subscriber numbers up, but if it works, it works.

Mark