Speaker image burn on LED? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > HDTV: High Definition Television including LCD and Plasma

Old 2012-04-22, 02:19 PM   #1
raider
Rookie

Default Speaker image burn on LED?

With older tv's and speakers, I know if speakers too close to the tv you would get a burn on the tv in corner etc.... Does this happen with the new LED tv's nowadays still?

I have a LED (sharp aquos) and sits on my tv stand, the centre speaker is about 4-5 inches right below/in front of it. And my speakers are about 2 feet each side. Will that be ok? I'm not sure if the speakers are 'shielded' or not, they're pioneer the tall stand up thin kind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-22, 02:21 PM   #2
Jase88

No it does not occur on LCD TVs. Your speaker configuration is just fine.

LED refers to the back-lighting method used on LCD TVs.
Old 2012-04-22, 04:17 PM   #3

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

This was not burn in, it was caused by the speaker magnets affecting the CRT beam (direct view or RPTV). Most center speakers were shielded to preclude this and most TVs had "degaussing" mechanisms (or could be degaussed) so that the TV would (typically) return to normal once the offending speaker was removed. The LF & RF speakers were often not shielded and could cause issues with CRTs if placed too close.

Plasma and LCD are not affected, as mentioned above.
Old 2012-04-22, 08:59 PM   #4
mike70sk

I had an old tv that did that, like 57 said once the speaker is removed usually go back to normal