Sasktel Max Audio/Video Quality Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Sasktel

Old 2011-09-10, 07:40 PM   #1
ryl411
Rookie

Default Sasktel Max Audio/Video Quality Discussion

Is it just my TV or do other people notice audio cutting out on occasion, on the Saskatoon HD channels (304, 305)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-09-23, 11:37 PM   #2
wilburyan
Rookie

happens with me as well. With us I think the problem isn't completely with the MAX service. When there is a blip and the audio goes out... it takes a few seconds for my home theatre receiver to pick it back up again.

Also, if i change from a HD to a SD channel... I have to turn my receiver off and on to get the audio back... my home theatre receiver doesn't like flipping from Dolby Digital to pcm audio for some reason.
Old 2011-09-26, 12:08 PM   #3
Tikker

haven't seen it myself yet

I know some channels are bad for sync (tsn/tsn2 for sure) but they're bad from the source (doesn't matter if it's max, shaw, bell, etc they all have identical drop outs)
Old 2012-01-21, 05:43 PM   #4
Maurr740

Default Audio troubles

I to have been having frequent audio drop outs but on all of the HD channels

I read my TV instruction Manual and it said the issue might be with the new 1.4 HDMI and the old version 1 which these "OLD" boxes still use.

Interestingly thou the audio is good on all the standard defenition channels.

After calling tech support here , they told me that have been having this issue with all the motarola boxes on which people try to use the HDMI cable,, that is to say the frequent audio dropouts, on the HD channels

I did update the firmware on my new TV and that has made the audio problems even worse today. Sasktel says they are doing a firmware update on the STB's next week to see if that will help with the audio problems as well, so we'll wait and see i guess... in the mean time, back to that 5 bundle component and audio cable
Old 2012-03-01, 10:14 PM   #5
Machoosh

happens with me as well. horriblily frusterating ...
Old 2012-04-21, 04:54 PM   #6
ryl411
Rookie

Default It has stopped

I was just looking on the digitalhome.ca forums and noticed I had posted this.
It has not happened to me in a while I had totally forgotten about the audio drops.
Old 2012-04-27, 10:44 PM   #7
Prism

It was a problem 2 years ago, but it was also a problem for BEV at the time when using HDMI.

Now, it never happens.

I have have my HDMI into a 1 into 4 splitter, one out going directly to the tv, the other to my HK receiver for when I want to enjoy a program in surround.

I know BEV had issues with this as well with HDMI, then by the time I migrated to the 9241 it began to get better and eventually disappeared as well.

Sasktel gets, or used to get their programming from BEV, but I don't think there is a link between that and both having issues with multi channel signals over HDMI, it is strange though.
Old 2012-11-19, 12:09 PM   #8
noah12
DHC Supporter

So what is the quality really like, are all the channels digital quality. I have access cable and they still have a few SD channels, quality is poor on those.
Old 2012-11-28, 05:44 PM   #9
noah12
DHC Supporter

Switched to max the other day, happy so far, quality good.