The Franchise - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On Television?

Old 2012-04-17, 05:02 PM   #1
Mayorquimby
Rookie

Default The Franchise

Does anyone know what channel the new Showtime series "The Franchise: A Season with the Miami Marlins" is on in Canada and more specifically on Shaw?

Thanks

Q

Last edited by Mayorquimby; 2012-04-17 at 05:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-17, 08:57 PM   #2
KeithInCb

Last year's edition was on The Movie Network and Movie Central, but later in the season. Where FX Canada is now a reality, it may be on that but I suspect the two previously mentioned channels have signed multi year content deals that will keep it on those channels. If you subscribe to either TMN or MC (depending on where you are in the country, it will also be available on thier OnDemand platforms.

HTH
Old 2012-07-07, 09:21 PM   #3
Shootmaster_44

The show debuts in the US on Wednesday, but I can't find it on my listing for Movie Central. Does anyone have any idea if a Canadian channel has picked this up?
Old 2012-07-08, 11:58 AM   #4
sherds

Default the franchise on movie central

There's a twitter response on the movie central site that says they won't be carrying the new season of the franchise .

arthur
Old 2012-07-08, 03:20 PM   #5
Shootmaster_44

That is disappointing to hear. I wonder why they aren't carrying it? I hope it isn't simply a decision not to bother and show yet another movie. I know the channel is Movie Central, but if it claims to show all the new Showtime series (which is what they advertise on their website) they should dump a repeat showing of the same movie and show this one. With PVRs they could run it at 2 AM and I'd still tape it and watch it.
Old 2012-07-08, 09:36 PM   #6
smegger2000

I've never seen Movie Central advertise anywhere that they carry all the Showtime series, because they don't. Superchannel carries the series Homeland and the Big C to name a couple that Movie Central doesn't show.
Old 2012-07-09, 07:33 PM   #7
mike10

movie central and TMN are supposed to have some sort of deal that gives them access to everything that showtime owns

Homeland and the Big C are made by other company's