DPP (Dish Pro Plus) Bell TV Installs - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV Hardware Installation Forum

Old 2012-04-12, 11:31 AM   #31
m3repair

@rouge17---> all you would need a is a DPP44 switch to add 2 more recivers (either dual or single) basicly the switch has 4 outputs to 4 recivers all four either being single or dual tuners provided the dualtuners have the proper seperators installed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-12, 11:37 AM   #32
m3repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinza View Post
And as we said above, we do not know if it will work with a DPP Quad feeding 6 x DPP44's.

I know the solution above works, I have used it several times but it does NOT have the benefit of DPP, meaning that you still need 2 lines for a Dual Tuner Receiver.
The above picture works in all three of the indications shown and spelled out in my post, If it isn't believed, I would happily provide pictures and perhaps a video to show that all three forms do work. I do realize that picture shows a DP34 but the same configuration applies to a DPP44 with all three types of LNBF's
Old 2012-04-12, 11:53 AM   #33
rogue17

Thanks M3,

I checked out the following thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=79139

My 2 RG6 cables are running into 2 different separate rooms. They do not come in through the same wall.Can I connect the dpp 44 to one cable?
Old 2012-04-12, 12:21 PM   #34
m3repair

your other option is to have the DPP44 mounted outside if you are unable to secure two cables for use, but it would still require you to install another cable from the dish or where ever your switch is mounted to the location you want, i.e three cables if you want three receivers. Most ideal case if possible is to have the DPP44 near your elecerical panel with all your cables and power inserter starting there, but as for your main question you cannot use a DPP44 switch with only ONE cable! why? its because the internal switch inside the DPP Twin LNBF get disabled when it gets connected to any DPP or DP switch. so port one would turn into only 91 out, and the second port would only turn into 82 out, and both must get connected or you will only see one satellite, either 91 or 82 which of course is not what you want
Old 2012-04-12, 06:37 PM   #35
rogue17

Ok I understand now. I can not connect just one cable to the DPP 44 because it will disable the internal switch and only get one bird.

Ok so I won't be able to connect 2 more receivers. I have one cable going into the living room and the other across the roof to another receiver in the bedroom.

Was hoping it was possible to connect the DPP4 on each cable to avoid drilling another hole but now I know that can't be done.

Option 1 is to have the DPP44 mounted outside and have 3 or 4 cables from the DPP to connect to 3 or 4 receivers. Would have to drill 4 holes.

Option 2 is to have 2 RG6 cables run into the room and connect them to DPP44 on the inside. So would only have to drill 2 holes. In this case I can connect the 3-4 cables on the inside.
Old 2012-04-12, 07:41 PM   #36
Pinza
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3repair View Post
The above picture works in all three of the indications shown and spelled out in my post, If it isn't believed, I would happily provide pictures and perhaps a video to show that all three forms do work. I do realize that picture shows a DP34 but the same configuration applies to a DPP44 with all three types of LNBF's
With the problems that Techs are having now, connecting just 1 DPP44 to a DPP Quad, I will again say I have not tried to connect 6 of them, so I will NOT say it can be done. If you say it can, then great, that answers the question.
Old 2012-04-12, 08:40 PM   #37
JoeLouie

Pinza, what problems are you referring to with 1 DPP44 and DPP Quad?
Old 2012-04-13, 03:35 AM   #38
Pinza
Veteran

Had a Tech on Monday, not the first time it has happened, where the DPP44 would NOT work off the Quad. Would only see 91. Replaced the Quad, replaced the DPP44, no change. Swapped Quad for Twin, perfect. Cascaded 2nd DPP44, perfect.

Have heard the same thing several times now, all pretty much the same scenario's.

Had the offending Quad given to me, I played with it on my test rig at home, same problems, no 82, if used with a DPP44.
Old 2012-04-13, 02:40 PM   #39
JoeLouie

Interesting. I've only done a few installs with a quad and DPP44, but all of them have worked flawlessly.

The 2 lines connected to the switch, do you know what port they were hooked up to on the dish? I always make sure that I'm getting 91 on one line and 82 on the other, before I hook them up to the DPP44. Maybe if I feel energetic later I'll test it out.
Old 2012-04-13, 07:05 PM   #40
Pinza
Veteran

I have tried all possible combinations with the Quads I was given, nothing worked correctly.

I can only surmise it was a bad batch of Quads but it has a few Techs using 2 x DPP44's instead of the Quad and a DPP44. I have no issues with that as it is a cleaner installation as far as I am concerned.
Old 2012-04-14, 08:58 PM   #41
squeeky
Rookie

Had the same issue, issue was resolved by ensuring port "1" on the quad was hooked to sat input 1 on the dpp44. switch them around and it goes back to 91 only. i can only assume its a power issue.
Old 2012-04-15, 08:27 AM   #42
Pinza
Veteran

I still have all the bad ones I will look at that later today but I was pretty sure I had tried all permutations.
Old 2012-04-15, 10:32 AM   #43
JoeLouie

I always try to make sure Port 1 is on Input 1 and like I said, I've never had any problems.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:55 PM   #44
Zekes

Default Moving

Quick Question, I'm moving and I currently have an sw44 and another switch (only running SD) to run my receivers.

Are all new installs or moves DPP Plus and if so will I have to by the new switch myself? I'm a wire managment nut and will want all the wires terminating at the electrical panel. I currently have two 9242s and 1 3100 but may expand in the future.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:04 PM   #45
Pinza
Veteran

You will get a DPP Quad.