Rogers to Fido $100 ECF - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers, Fido and Chatr Wireless

Old 2012-04-11, 08:14 PM   #1
cowcanada

Default Rogers to Fido $100 ECF

I was offered a $100 ECF to transfer from Rogers to Fido, by two independent retailers. I was told once I received my final bills from Rogers to phone up them and they will refund everything but $100. That sounds like a good deal, so I switched both my phones. Last month I tried to claim my ECF refund and surprise, surprise Rogers denied the program, then when I pushed harder said no the program exists, just it has to be offered by Rogers, not by a Fido retailer or independent retailer (i.e. Best Buy) So I have cancelled, paid for the cancellation and paid set up fees all to the Rogers corporation, and they continue to get my money. Neat trick eh?

Anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions? I have contacted both Office of the Presidents already.
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-11, 08:31 PM   #2
yyzlhr

Yep it's a legit deal, but it has to be offered and documented by the retention department of the original carrier. Nothing else you can do here other than to keep escalating. That's why, I recommend dealing with corporate stores. Independent dealers will say anything to get commission because when a problem arises they're never the ones stuck dealing with it.
Old 2012-04-11, 08:32 PM   #3
Paolo
Veteran

I read on another forum that theres extra steps involved, maybe this was not explained to you?

Last edited by TorontoColin; 2012-04-12 at 01:56 AM. Reason: removed competing link
Old 2012-04-11, 09:25 PM   #4
yyzlhr

The only step that is missing is the OP getting a documented offer from Rogers saying he can switch to Fido with a $100 ECF. The only thing he can do at this time is to try to call back Rogers and hope a rep is willing to overlook this part of the policy and credit the ECFs, otherwise escalating is the only thing that is possible at this time.
Old 2012-04-12, 01:50 PM   #5
cowcanada

The offer came both from Best Buy and from a corporate kiosk. I understand about the Rogers side of the house though. Wish that was explained in detail. I see the Ontario Govmt is going to clamp down on ECFs though and make it a little more reasonable.
Old 2012-04-14, 02:36 AM   #6
yyzlhr

If you enter into a contract with either Rogers or Fido today, the ECFs are quite reasonable. I don't see how it can get more fair for both parties aside from abolishing the service deactivation fee which is quite nominal anyways.

Please keep us posted on how it turns out with the OOP. I'm sure it will work out for you as the requirement to have the offer documented is pretty stupid and useless because if you call in and ask about it, it will be offered.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:46 PM   #7
noah12
DHC Supporter

I have just moved from Rogers to Fido, I got a authorization number from Rogers cancellation department, then phoned Fido and signed up for the new service, will see how it goes. I got confirmation it is to be only 100.00 for the move.