Bell PVRs & Recording PPV - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV PVR, HD PVR and HD Receivers

Old 2012-04-08, 11:13 PM   #1
oilerdog
Rookie

Default Bell PVRs & Recording PPV

2 weeks ago I tried to pvr Adventures of TinTin 3D after purchasing, the next day it was no where to be found on my pvr. Last week tried again to pvr again and looked tonight and again no where to be found on pvr. I phoned bell and was told ppv may contain copyrights that do not allow you to record! I have never had any problem recording any movies before and just the week before had recorded Puss n Boots in 3D. She said it is up to the movie company who releases it whether or not it has copyright and there is no way of knowing till after. She would not reimburse for the 2 movies and could not tell me where in writing this warning was. Has anyone else had this issue? What difference does it make whether we record the movies can not be moved from the hd drive.
oilerdog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-08, 11:47 PM   #2
scrooloose
Veteran

If it's the on-demand stuff, you can only keep it for 48 hours.

http://www.bell.ca/Bell_TV/On_demand_movies

In the past you could keep the PPV as long as you wanted. Hopefully that hasn't changed.

-Mike
Old 2012-04-09, 12:26 AM   #3
oilerdog
Rookie

Was not on demand. This movie would not even have been in the pvr 48 minutes after recording. It just will not record
oilerdog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-04-09, 12:40 AM   #4
Jase88

Hmmm. That's disconcerting. Perhaps Bell has changed their software to prevent recording PPV (non "on" demand)? Likewise, I've always been able to record and keep PPV movies. Though I haven't ordered any PPV movies in the last few months...
Old 2013-04-25, 12:39 PM   #5
robin100

Default pvr9241 and 3d

Can someone tell me if I purchase a 3d movie (#999, Tues. evening) can I record it on my 9241 and play back as 3d, or does Bell prevent recording as it does with #1000?
Thanks
robin100 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2013-04-25, 05:32 PM   #6
JoeLouie

As far as I know you should be able to record a PPV. You can not record the On Demand (channel 1000) movies, as you know.
JoeLouie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2013-04-25, 06:20 PM   #7

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

I moved the last two posts to this existing thread on the question of recording PPV, since it's not specific to a particular model PVR. Based on previous posts, it looks like you cannot for certain movies?

Regarding OD:

The only way for Bell Sat to provide on-demand to your 9241, 9242 or 9400 HD PVR is to record it to your HDD, however, it expires, I believe after a certain number of hours. Here's the thread on OD if you wish to discuss that topic further.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=139308

Tags
bell 9242, ppv, pvr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.